Gang War Weapons.
2009.Feb.09, 12:27 PM
Gang War Weapons.
I'm sure it's already been discussed before, but I'm just lazy..

Does it automatically choose the best weapon to dominate the hideout? Or does it just pick the best weapon for you?
2009.Feb.09, 12:53 PM

I think it chooses the stronger weapon...not for you or a particular situation but the best weapon.

Buzz Off
2009.Feb.09, 01:41 PM

When I have just the electrix axe equipped, I average around 40 damage per hit. When I have just my range weapon equipped, my average is around 25 per hit with some 1's and 2's.

When I equip both weapons I average around 40 damager per hit. Both weapons are comparable in quality. My conclusion is that the weapon that is best designed for hideout damage is chosen.
2009.Feb.09, 02:00 PM

It chooses the weapon that has the most POTENTIAL damage. Which may not be the weapon your stats can provide said damage.
2009.Feb.09, 05:23 PM

Dingus Wrote:It chooses the weapon that has the most POTENTIAL damage. Which may not be the weapon your stats can provide said damage.

You know, I've said pretty much those exact words a number of times while explaining combat (as I know it) to people without ever questioning them.

And now, as I read your post, a question occurs to me. Don't all melee weapons have a potentially unlimited damage?

From what I've read, ranged weapons have a maximum possible damage they can do, which you approach as your accuracy gets higher.

Also, from what I've read, melee weapons have no max damage, and their damage just increases as your strength does.

So now I wonder if the code takes your stats into account. Otherwise, theoretically the melee weapon would always have more potential damage.

Now I'm questioning my own words too...