Update
2009.Jan.18, 08:45 PM

so how much longer approx. until site is back up
2009.Jan.18, 08:46 PM

BadLuck Wrote:
Err Wrote:Our game, and many others like it, are based off the same code base. Although we have heavily modified this code and added on many pages, there are still things that are common throughout all similar games. It is very possible this hacker could have hacked other sites like ours. I am not sure who you mean by the host, we are the host of the site.

I believe he means do you think you could get in touch with other games that are running the same base code to see if they have had anything like that happen.

That's a possibility.
2009.Jan.18, 08:46 PM

BigRedRaper Wrote:so how much longer approx. until site is back up

Not sure. We are testing things right now but we don't want to rush it and then go through this again.
2009.Jan.18, 08:54 PM

So how would they have been able to figure out what code base you guys use?

I mean you guys could have been using VB. I know my friend was able to get the entire code you guys use "I told him it was a bad idea." But when he went to hack it. It would have took him a couple of years just to crack a single password. Does this mean he/she could have learned the code or like you said knew about the common flaw? Also is their any way to stop this flaw in the code or will it always exist making AL always open to this sort of a attack?

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2009.Jan.18, 09:02 PM

Mock8800 Wrote:So how would they have been able to figure out what code base you guys use?

I mean you guys could have been using VB. I know my friend was able to get the entire code you guys use "I told him it was a bad idea." But when he went to hack it. It would have took him a couple of years just to crack a single password. Does this mean he/she could have learned the code or like you said knew about the common flaw? Also is their any way to stop this flaw in the code or will it always exist making AL always open to this sort of a attack?

Anybody with just a small knowledge of coding can see that our site uses PHP by the file extensions. Also, all games like ours are based off the same code and a similar structure. Whoever did this definitely knew about the common flaw, as did we. About 6 or 7 months ago we went through the entire site to fix this flaw. Unfortunately we missed one area and this person found it.

There is definitely a way to stop it, and we have put the stop on the area he used and are checking the rest of the site to see if we missed any others. Once we feel every area has been checked and secured we will be ready to go.
2009.Jan.18, 09:10 PM

Good work, :shock:
2009.Jan.18, 09:10 PM

hey err
any chance we'll have some game upgrades when the site is up and running again?

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Jan.18, 09:12 PM

Lucky666 Wrote:hey err
any chance we'll have some game upgrades when the site is up and running again?

No, it was enough work for Zenith just to get things restored like they were. Don't think she was motivated to add anything new during this time.
2009.Jan.18, 09:48 PM

So you stated accounts had been modified. Has any gang hideout points or ressources been affected?

Were any of the market touched?

Was any donator information compromised?

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Jan.18, 09:51 PM

Gornikel Wrote:So you stated accounts had been modified. Has any gang hideout points or ressources been affected?

Were any of the market touched?

Was any donator information compromised?

Other than the accounts nothing else was modified.