World Events
2006.Nov.21, 08:32 AM
World Events
Let me start off by saying that this is a great game and that I understand that new content is being added all the time. On that note I have a suggestion for the future that may prove viable. While the focus these days is on development of new content, I was thinking that World events akin to the gang tournament that is slowly becoming a memory of the distant past may be excellent ways to hold the interest of people and to keep them playing. Now that gang tournament was very fun, but expensive for the benevolent people hosting it.

Any such events are bound to be expensive for whoever undertakes to provide the prizes/incentives that attract people who wish to compete. For this reason and at the risk of sounding greedy I suggest that the administration might undertake to host a few of these events, perhaps one every month, with level restrictions and requirements so that prizes could be tailored to specific levels, or perhaps different level categories so that people can compete in a moderatly even field. I also suggest that the competition not always be pure fighting, but also puzzles/riddles to be solved so that the same people don't always get the prizes.

I suggest also that the introduction of a large NPC syndicate (perhaps moving in from some other town, as our new NPC brother did) may be a good way to introduce these world events, as they could host the events "in the hopes of finding likely recruits for the future". This syndicate would also provide the new NPC targets that we are testing out now.

In any case this idea came to mind and it may not be well thought out, but at least it is written now in semi-understandable fashion. Any comments are appriciated and with refinement I think this could add some extra excitment to the world.
2006.Nov.21, 08:55 AM

If there is a large crime syndicate of NPC's introduced at varying levels. there could ba a 12 hour competetion to see who can beat them up the most. that would mostly test how attentive you are to the game.
2006.Nov.21, 01:51 PM

very interesting ideas
2006.Nov.21, 02:14 PM

Or how bout having certain lvls of NPC gangs and if your within a certain lvl and can put the whole gang in hospital at the same time, you get a bonus of some kind (must put whole gang in hospital by yourself)

It also makes it harder if someone else accidently puts one in the hospital while your making a attempt

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2006.Nov.21, 03:25 PM

not a bad idea, but it basically comes down to can you kill each member, because if you hospitalize them then you have a long time to put them all in the hospital.
2006.Nov.21, 04:05 PM

not if they decide to use stim packs! Twisted

have it programmed to where if you hospitalize them, they start to use stim packs

2006.Nov.21, 06:25 PM

yep, they could use stimpacks or you could have it programmed so that hospitalizing an NPC isn't an available option.
2006.Nov.21, 10:38 PM

well mabye and just mabye their could be a trigger that triggers when you complete something achievable and you get rewarded for example...

Killing someone the same level as you in under 15 turns

Killing someone thats 3 levels higher then you

Surviving an atack from a person 3 levels higher then you

Killing someone that tried to atack you and was 3 levels higher then you

Getting 50 consecutive crimes sucessful without getting jailed

Busting 5 people in a row without getting jailed

Busting someone 10 levels higher then you

Having 10000 credits

These are just off the top of my head anyway you could only get each award once but you wouldnt know what you had to do to get the award and so that would be interesting aswell you just get an event saying you did the award and give you a cash or stat bonus and depending on the diffuculty would depend on the size of the reward. This would allow for some new excitment in the game although could be hard to implement code wise i guess... well i think its a good idea what do you guys think???
2006.Nov.21, 11:07 PM

I've done the 2 bust events! do I get a prize? lol

2006.Nov.22, 01:39 AM

Yea there could also be one for the most level 9 non-donators busted... i miss getting busted by u :cry:

You will have to wait untill it gets implemented aswell...