Sitters
2008.Nov.14, 11:11 PM
Sitters
Just for the sake of discussion - In this other game that I played once, they had this option were you could have a sitter on your account (say if you were going to be away or something and could not log on). So you could assign one or two of you friends from the game as a 'Sitter' on your account. To login, your friend would put in your username and his/her password. That would allow him/her limited access to your account to perform certain actions for you in the game while you were away. To avoid cheating, having a sitter would prevent you from transferring goods/cash from one player to the other (same limits you would have with people with similar IPs).
2008.Nov.14, 11:12 PM

Rule 4.

Players are only allowed to have one account. Owning / Logging Into more than one account will result in all accounts being punished. Sharing accounts or "Account Sitting" is the same as having multiple accounts. If there is more than one account on the same IP, contact the staff as soon as possible.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Nov.14, 11:12 PM
Re: Sitters
lol wow

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
2008.Nov.14, 11:13 PM

Damnit Preacher beat me to it.
2008.Nov.14, 11:14 PM
Re: Sitters
MalhutRa Wrote:Just for the sake of discussion - In this other game that I played once, they had this option were you could have a sitter on your account (say if you were going to be away or something and could not log on). So you could assign one or two of you friends from the game as a 'Sitter' on your account. To login, your friend would put in your username and his/her password. That would allow him/her limited access to your account to perform certain actions for you in the game while you were away. To avoid cheating, having a sitter would prevent you from transferring goods/cash from one player to the other (same limits you would have with people with similar IPs).

haha, how about no
2008.Nov.14, 11:16 PM

yeah, ok, but Preacher is talking about doing it illegally, I am talking about having it controlled by the people that run the game. In the other game I was talking about, they have the same type of rules; sharing accounts was illegal also cause you run the risk of too much cheating. This is an actual thing that you have to sign up for with the people that run the game so that they can monitor it.
2008.Nov.14, 11:19 PM

Ok, well, the answer then comes in 2 parts.

For now, it is illegal.

It could be changed by Zen, but I highly doubt she'll do it,
as she wanted the game to be one of activity.

And after 2 years, a radical change like that would just feel weird.

It still is outside help. I don't know. I'd say no, but I've been here for more than a year now with the regular play style, so I might be biased.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Nov.14, 11:28 PM

Gornikel Wrote:Ok, well, the answer then comes in 2 parts.

For now, it is illegal.

It could be changed by Zen, but I highly doubt she'll do it,
as she wanted the game to be one of activity.

And after 2 years, a radical change like that would just feel weird.

It still is outside help. I don't know. I'd say no, but I've been here for more than a year now with the regular play style, so I might be biased.

In the other game, sitting doesn't limit activity/participation though, because as I had mentioned, the sitters action would be limited. So say if you wanted to use credits or purchase armour, weapons or implants, you would have to do that yourself.

In certain cases it also had the effect of increasing signup because certain people knew that could not play the game 365 days a year, cause for work or family reasons they could not log on for a month or two straight. If not for the sitter option, they would have just stopped playing the game, or just not signed up in the first place.

For example, a couple of my friends were sent off the Afghanistan, and so were not allowed to use the military computer to play a game. It is kind of an extreme example, that most people here would never face, but people could probably think of other example of people being kept away from the game for extended periods of time.
2008.Nov.14, 11:53 PM

Nope no way
If your activity is gonna drop off
just leave your gang quit your job
and dont login
an account sitter is a very bad idea IMO
2008.Nov.15, 12:15 AM

Yea while your at it can u ask zen if i can have the 120 days that i was inactive be credited back to me and have all those work days added to my account... and also can i have a free Arcology Mansion and 40 endurance? :roll:

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.