Job Applications?
2008.Sep.15, 05:40 PM
Job Applications?
I'm a military career levle 10 and i'm tired of my job. I Think it would be cool to apply for a different career at a similar level (obviously lower), but no longer be able to return to my military career. Either save up to my promotion requirement and use the points to change careers, or change careers, lose available points (so spend them), and drop a career level or 2.

:O
2008.Sep.15, 06:00 PM

Dumb...
2008.Sep.15, 06:48 PM

Too easy.

Boohoo...
2008.Sep.15, 06:49 PM

i dont think its all that dumb Smile
2008.Sep.15, 06:49 PM

:?: ...

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Sep.15, 07:13 PM

I like the Idea
2008.Sep.15, 08:52 PM

Well here is the way to think about that. Let's say you spent 20 years of your life as a carpenter. You were a highly skilled carpenter who could make just about anything. Now you decide you want to be a computer programmer. Does your 20 years of carpenter work help you write computer programs?
2008.Sep.15, 08:54 PM

You got something against carpenters, Err?
2008.Sep.15, 09:31 PM

Err Wrote:Well here is the way to think about that. Let's say you spent 20 years of your life as a carpenter. You were a highly skilled carpenter who could make just about anything. Now you decide you want to be a computer programmer. Does your 20 years of carpenter work help you write computer programs?

As far as that goes
I think certain jobs would get you further in other jobs
for example
if you move from a career in athletics to martial arts
you would be in top physical condition to exel in either job
but for other jobs such as scientist to athletics wouldn't get you much of a head start
2008.Sep.15, 11:50 PM

Coolmcoolieo Wrote:
Err Wrote:Well here is the way to think about that. Let's say you spent 20 years of your life as a carpenter. You were a highly skilled carpenter who could make just about anything. Now you decide you want to be a computer programmer. Does your 20 years of carpenter work help you write computer programs?

As far as that goes
I think certain jobs would get you further in other jobs
for example
if you move from a career in athletics to martial arts
you would be in top physical condition to exel in either job
but for other jobs such as scientist to athletics wouldn't get you much of a head start

/agree