New Combat code question Zenith.
2006.Oct.12, 04:35 PM
New Combat code question Zenith.
I've noticed that you don't see what the defender attacks you with anymore. does each counterattack by the defender use a seperate random weapon, or does it randomly choose which weapon the defender uses in the first round, and use the same weapon every turn after that?

Or does the code just choose whatever weapon the defender is going to do the most damage with?
2006.Oct.12, 04:54 PM
Re: New Combat code question Zenith.
LuparKoor Wrote:Or does the code just choose whatever weapon the defender is going to do the most damage with?

If not, I wish it would.
2006.Oct.13, 12:16 AM

well if that's the case Otto, you can just unequip your melee weapon if you are a pistoleer, or vice versa.
2006.Oct.13, 12:28 AM

LuparKoor Wrote:well if that's the case Otto, you can just unequip your melee weapon if you are a pistoleer, or vice versa.

I don't have a melee weapon and afaik I attack randomly with my fists.
2006.Oct.13, 02:01 AM

You don't attack randomly with fists. Only one way to attack with fists now. That's if you select it. If you are attacked, you will only attack with fists if you don't have anything equipped.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Oct.13, 02:18 AM

zenith Wrote:You don't attack randomly with fists. Only one way to attack with fists now. That's if you select it. If you are attacked, you will only attack with fists if you don't have anything equipped.

Really? I could have sworn I'd attacked someone and seen fists come up randomly.
2006.Oct.13, 08:10 AM

Attackers only use the weapon picked from the dropdown. Sometimes this damage is 1 due to armor and/or resistance.

Defenders only used weapons that are equipped. If none are equipped, you box.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Oct.13, 08:27 AM

ya, but if the defender has two weapons equipped, how does it choose which one to use?