The Weebay situation
2009.Feb.06, 09:33 AM
The Weebay situation
My name was being used a lot, so I feel I have the right to defend my thoughts on my own accord.

Do I believe Weebs did an adequate job? Under the circumstances for that single day, yes I do. However, that is not to say I was pleased. Weebs was the one to actually act, that is why I commend him for his duties. However, I was quite disappointed in the moderator staff as a whole, perhaps more so the administrator staff.

Things have been said for weeks, on both sides, that should have had entire topics cleared, and probably have temp bans issued. Not only did those go unpunished, they went unmodified.

Then yesterday came. The same conflict initially took place early on, but after backing off, I asked the threads be kept clean as this was about my contest, and more importantly, the participants of the contest.

Cheetah Wrote:Weebs, you didn't show up as a mod, until Snoop was mentioned, even though Marlo all but ruined BBH's comp today, with spam
. Please decide if you do or do not want to be a mod! If you do, please mod everyone, not just posts against your gang members!

Indeed, my contest was in a sense "ruined." Players were confused, some didn't want to try because of all the bullshit of Marlo and X. Most avoided the forums, resorting to mailing me in game with thank you's and enjoyment of the contest.

However, I am more disappointed with Zen and Err.... and this applies to myself as well.

There are a set of rules. Zen...Err...either follow them or change them, but adhere to what you write. You name ban SK for something that many others were guilty of for days on the forums. I've never believed you to have preferential treatment, but you did a poor job in proving it. I honestly should have probably been given a temp ban, along with Marlo, Phisheva, Dingus, Max, Delpot, Tommi, and perhaps a few others.

I don't want to take away and credit from Zen or Err. They do an amazing job at taking care of the game, but perhaps as the game has continued to grow, it has become too large for them to handle both the forums and the game. Perhaps it is time a neutral person is given administrative rights and full authority on the forums.
2009.Feb.06, 09:44 AM

I agree with the temporary suspension but Tommi should be included there too.

My only complaint is that the moderators ain't agressive enough.
2009.Feb.06, 09:53 AM
Re: The Weebay situation
iceman2020 Wrote:My name was being used a lot, so I feel I have the right to defend my thoughts on my own accord.

Do I believe Weebs did an adequate job? Under the circumstances for that single day, yes I do. However, that is not to say I was pleased. Weebs was the one to actually act, that is why I commend him for his duties. However, I was quite disappointed in the moderator staff as a whole, perhaps more so the administrator staff.

Things have been said for weeks, on both sides, that should have had entire topics cleared, and probably have temp bans issued. Not only did those go unpunished, they went unmodified.

Then yesterday came. The same conflict initially took place early on, but after backing off, I asked the threads be kept clean as this was about my contest, and more importantly, the participants of the contest.

Cheetah Wrote:Weebs, you didn't show up as a mod, until Snoop was mentioned, even though Marlo all but ruined BBH's comp today, with spam
. Please decide if you do or do not want to be a mod! If you do, please mod everyone, not just posts against your gang members!

Indeed, my contest was in a sense "ruined." Players were confused, some didn't want to try because of all the cowplop of Marlo and X. Most avoided the forums, resorting to mailing me in game with thank you's and enjoyment of the contest.

However, I am more disappointed with Zen and Err.... and this applies to myself as well.

There are a set of rules. Zen...Err...either follow them or change them, but adhere to what you write. You name ban SK for something that many others were guilty of for days on the forums. I've never believed you to have preferential treatment, but you did a poor job in proving it. I honestly should have probably been given a temp ban, along with Marlo, Phisheva, Dingus, Max, Delpot, Tommi, and perhaps a few others.

I don't want to take away and credit from Zen or Err. They do an amazing job at taking care of the game, but perhaps as the game has continued to grow, it has become too large for them to handle both the forums and the game. Perhaps it is time a neutral person is given administrative rights and full authority on the forums.

Simple solution. Rid the game of the problem....... lol
2009.Feb.06, 10:02 AM

Get rid of Marlo? Razz Thats a bit harsh :roll:

I agree that some people should be issued Temp forum bans.
2009.Feb.06, 10:09 AM

Agree more should of been done as I said in other posts. Should have been bans and temporary suspensions on boths side. There has been people banned and given temporary suspensions for a hell of alot less.

The rules that have been set down have been broken by some players many many times and they keep getting away with it, so the rules then mean less to them, they feel thay can be pushed and bent, and it takes away from the integrity of the game. That it turn whether its it true or not, makes people think the people in charge are been selective in there rule enforcing.
2009.Feb.06, 11:35 AM

You all act like this is some major issue.

Grow up and play the GAME.
2009.Feb.06, 11:37 AM

Marlo Wrote:You all act like this is some major issue.

Grow up and play the GAME.

OH the irony.
2009.Feb.06, 11:41 AM

Do you even know what Irony means?

I played a mature role in thwarting an enemies exploits. If a planned and executed attempt at doing so is childish then so be it.
2009.Feb.06, 11:44 AM

Well i wouldn't have said it if i didn't know what it means only because i make mistakes with spelling and other things doesn't mean i don't know what the word means you imbecile.
2009.Feb.06, 11:51 AM

Weebay was modding left and right. I dunno who done away with the whole threads, but what I did see if Weebay at work.