Protection
2008.Jul.02, 11:34 AM

doesnt sound like a bad idea, but would this be favoring the strong and goin against hte weaker gangs?
2008.Jul.02, 11:51 AM

I dont think so.If your gang has at least 10 members then defending the territory should be within reason.
2008.Jul.02, 12:52 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:
abysmalpoptart Wrote:yea but hideouts arent invisible. if someones disappeared, then you really know where they are. they might as well have a "hideout" tag on their name, and if u know what district their hideout is in, u can find them

could be a seriously advanced form of the gang defense bonus (idea of attacking an enemy on his gang territory gives him a slight bonus to defense).

My point exactly.Gang territory is much needed with the bonus of having your gang hideout as a base to operate from.On your "Territory" you would see an advantage in pvp as the lay of the land is in your favor.

We could also have a new gang territory to fight over.It would work like this
1) There would be a gang competition to assign territories to the winning gangs.
2) 15 territories would be allotted.
3) The most prestigious territory gives the best territorial advantage,offering a great pvp bonus.

How the territories would be overtaken.This is the smart idea.

To claim the land you would have to do 5000 damage to the Prime base.Repairs are not ditracted from the score.The defending gang would only have to do the damage that is the max hideout defense of the gang.So if the attacking gang has 1500 max defense then the defenders only need to do 1500 damage to defend properly.

There would be an option to either normal war or territory war.

It would be the same for other territories except that they would decrease the amount needed to claim it.I.e 4th best territory only needs 4200 hits to claim it.

After a gang has succesfully defended the territory war then there would be a 2 hour cool down time where the gang cannot be declared on by any gang.Only one gang at a time can actually war when using the territory war.You also cannot declare a territory war whilst the gang is in a basic war either.

i think this favors larger stronger gangs. i really like the idea of a territory based bonus but i dont think we should be able to fight over the territories.

i know this may be a lil confusing but what if there was three-five major cities. each one of these cities has its own downtown, industrial, rural, midlan ect.
as a gang, you decide what city and area you want your hideout in. if you are in your city and area, you get a nice combat/defense bonus. go to another part of the city, not your gangs "area" and the bonus go down slightly. now if you travel to another city where you have no backup, you get nothing and have to deal with the other players who have chosen to make this place this home.
every city and area would be the exact same, save the level requirement.

so for example, if Valhalla had our fort in Rural Decator and sv had their fort in another city, we would have to travel to their grounds to fight them and they would have to come to us.
2008.Jul.02, 01:21 PM

There is such a thing as over egging a simple idea.

I dont think the game is quite big enough for cities yet

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Jul.02, 05:59 PM

Cities no ty.But being able to use your hideout as a second home yes.Also i think we do need gang territories.