remember when...
2008.Jul.09, 11:00 PM

just make some code like the hospital code. The more times you own an attacker, the less exp you get.
2008.Jul.10, 09:46 AM

Casius Wrote:just make some code like the hospital code. The more times you own an attacker, the less exp you get.
Why? Are they easier and easier as you keep attacking them?

And this discussion is about the xp for overpowering, not farming btw. :wink:
2008.Jul.10, 09:48 AM

he did say "own an attacker," hydro Wink
2008.Jul.10, 10:51 AM

Here, here I miss it too.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Jul.10, 11:22 AM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:he did say "own an attacker," hydro Wink

^^^

The problem with getting exp for defending is the obvious exploit of paying for someone to repeatedly attack you. If that exp was significantly reduced after consecutive attacks, the exploit is reduced.
2008.Jul.10, 11:43 AM

Part of that may be my fault, I remember thinking of that exact method and asking Zen if it was legal... She said no, and it was gone shortly after. =o
2008.Jul.10, 11:43 AM

This had to be changed as we noticed it was being used in some cases as an exploit. Friend A could attack Friend B knowing they would lose, thus giving Friend B massive xp gains.
2008.Jul.10, 11:46 AM

Err Wrote:This had to be changed as we noticed it was being used in some cases as an exploit. Friend A could attack Friend B knowing they would lose, thus giving Friend B massive xp gains.

Exactly. We like to see the random attack that loses and gives us a good chunk of exp. We don't want the exploit. Anyway to incorporate both?
2008.Jul.10, 12:17 PM

Yep yep. Just like the fact that GPs are split between gangs warring and not the same for each gang as you can have others piggyback the powerful gang. Then it was fixed to split points accordingly.

AHHHH, I remember the good ole days of declaring on 10 to 20 gangs at once (Possibly hit 25 on that one day) and everyone getting the same GPs for it. OOPS, did I say that aloud. UGH!!!!! Where is the darn delete option here. LOL
2008.Jul.10, 03:44 PM

Casius Wrote:
Err Wrote:This had to be changed as we noticed it was being used in some cases as an exploit. Friend A could attack Friend B knowing they would lose, thus giving Friend B massive xp gains.

Exactly. We like to see the random attack that loses and gives us a good chunk of exp. We don't want the exploit. Anyway to incorporate both?

Well, how would we know the difference between random and exploit?