Attention Awakened Lands
2008.Jun.26, 04:16 AM

thatthingufear Wrote:
grabtindy Wrote:[Image: gallery_437_52_21571.jpg]
You might be confused the pictures of Biff's wife are supposed to be in the topic down from this one.

My wife is blonde XD.
2008.Jun.26, 06:45 AM

There is a repeat attack code in place whether its intentional or unintentional and its def dependent upon online time. I have noticed this many times before.... that part of the code is not right imo.

Lots of us have lost battles we seemingly should not have.

doh
2008.Jun.26, 08:05 AM

volcomjurk7 Wrote:How Could (w00k) possibley loose to marlo?

Marlo is 10 lvls below him and he would have good stats but shorley at w00ks lvl hes stats would smash marlos? < im not putting u down marlo im just saying lol

But congratz anyway on the win marlo lol lol lol lol

Please..Schooling for computer classes, or writing school..

Anywho..w00k's at the top of the battle stats with Loki. It's rather....Remarkable that Marlo won. An ego boosted, yeti-lookin' monkey just got shot down REALLY hard with that win.
2008.Jun.26, 08:08 AM

Punisher Wrote:There is a repeat attack code in place whether its intentional or unintentional and its def dependent upon online time. I have noticed this many times before.... that part of the code is not right imo.

Lots of us have lost battles we seemingly should not have.

Sorry for the double post, but when I attacked Bren, it was the first time I attacked him. When Zeus and some other people were attacking me, it would happen a few attacks in, or not at all. How is it not right that something kicks in to help someone every once in a while, either because the person's being a jerk-wad, or because your luck just became outstandingly high and the other person was extremely hung-over and couldn't fight back because of a zombie like state?

Edit: It HAS happened to me before against a few people. I think it was Megatron and Bigtree, along with another few I don't remember..But it has happened to me, and, possibly, everyone.
2008.Jun.26, 09:22 AM

zenith Wrote:
teamhood Wrote:I know what w00k's stats are and there is no way that Marlo should be able to beat him if he was only using his fists, let a lone equipped. If people believe 'randomness' is to blame, well that is total drek. There is no way randomness should even be able to play into such a character difference. I think what we have here is either a tweak by the admin to the character because of Marlo and Co. being in the Hospital or some code that was implemented in order to deter the lashing that w00k was giving out.

I know there is no way to prove this and there is no way that Admin would admit to messing with someones character, but until we get some details, I will remain concerned about what the heck is going on with the code.

That's a pretty lofty accusation. I don't play with other player's stats to make them stronger or make another player weaker. Why would I even do this? Both w00k and Marlo are mature enough to handle their affairs, there is no reason for myself or Err to screw around with them.

When he finally lost to him, I was at the hospital visiting my bf's mom. So it was physically impossible for me to tweak anything at that time.

The attack code is thousands of lines of code, and older versions have been known to pop up by accident (either myself or Err accidentally using an older version of code to make a change). As you can see on the 22nd this happened and I had to remove some old jail code for attacks. w00k does have a legitimate gripe, because obviously an older version of the code was accidentally uploaded to the server that I had to fix on the 22nd.

Sure enough, I noticed the hospitalization code bonus was twice what it should have been, which means it had reverted back to a version from mid 2007. I actually looked earlier today for w00k because he noticed something, but at the time I didn't see where the results he was seeing could have come from.

Hospitalizations make the defender more powerful than normal. This has been in the code for an extremely long time. I'm sure most players who normally win close "leave them" battles can attest to hospitalizations being tougher.

Quoting myself and locking. It just doesn't seem everyone read my post.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
Thread Closed