Double vs. Single Equip
2008.Apr.29, 11:01 PM
Double vs. Single Equip
I asked for confirmation in regards to this question in a different thread and would like to know the answer for certain.

When you equip a ranged AND melee weapon at the same time and you 'pvp battle' or 'fort attack during war' does each round switch between using each weapon therefor doing less damage every other round from the weapon you are less proficient at using?

Translation: If I want to maximize my damage do I only singley equip the weapon my stats are geared towards?

Thanks.
2008.Apr.30, 02:52 AM

i think Zen said that the best weapon in each attack type(pvp or hideout attack) is used, i dont remember the thread where she said it, but i'm almost sure she did

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Apr.30, 11:16 PM

Is this correct?
2008.Apr.30, 11:21 PM

I'm 99% sure this is true.

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2008.May.01, 12:01 AM

During wars the weapon that causes the most damage to a hideout is used.

In PvP battles, the weapon that causes the most potential damage is selected (best weapon). This however doesn't mean it will pick the weapon that YOU cause the most damage with. If you have an ionized axe and a t-250 shotgun equipped and you have specialized in ranged combat, it will pick the axe because it's the best weapon. Even if you cause more damage with the shotgun.

So in summary, in wars you can't go wrong equipping 2 weapons. In pvp fights though you might have the wrong weapon being selected, although it is pretty rare.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.01, 01:11 PM

Thanks!
2008.Jun.06, 09:21 AM

Thanks, i was just wondering this myself.
2008.Jun.22, 07:48 AM

but having both equipped makes you heavier so by hvaing two equipped do you lose out because your encumberance is higher?
2008.Jun.22, 08:00 AM

ryanpearce Wrote:but having both equipped makes you heavier so by hvaing two equipped do you lose out because your encumberance is higher?

if the Encumbrance Rate is higher than 1 then you will see some negatve effects in combat. Otherwise, you will see none.

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Jun.22, 09:18 AM

I manage just fine with 63 as the biggest hit in gang war and with 670-720 as the highest crits in pvp and only 1 gun equipped.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.