Poll: Which poll is more suitable for new players?
This poll is closed.
Tutorial #1 61.74% 71 61.74%
Tutorial #2 38.26% 44 38.26%
Total 115 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tutorial Contest Finalists (FINALLY)
2008.Jun.16, 03:18 PM

They are both good in their own right.

For those that have not read them both before posting their own comments, it's a shame.

The first one focuses on rewording everything as a replacement for the current in-game guide. It redefined every in-game terms for the new player. What's more, it provided some basic information as to where things are located and what they are good for.

The second one focuses on character building. It has links toward some inactive players, in-game definition, and game rules as a start. Then, it teaches the player on some of the in-game mechanic. This way, they can better position their training point and credit to create a stronger AL character. How would you build a player without fully understand the game? I am sure there are many players don't know what to do with their points in the early days.

One major flaw of posting these guide in the forum is the lost of the original format.

The first guide lost its original spacing. Making it looks like a piles of word...

The second guide looks like the entire guide has been written in HTML. The links are missings. The HTML Tables are gone. Making its harder to read as well.

Amend
2008.Jun.16, 03:29 PM
skills
i think you guys forgot to talk about the skills

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2008.Jun.16, 04:53 PM
Re: skills
Lucky666 Wrote:i think you guys forgot to talk about the skills

Umm, did you read the tutorials? :?

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Jun.16, 05:21 PM

use control F to find the skills sections

tutorial 1 has a longer skills section than tutorial 2, but tutorial 2 offers extra helpful hints instead of adding length

you gotta read those tutorials before you vote!

btw, both tutorials have an entire skills section... lol..
2008.Jun.16, 09:43 PM

Lots of good info in both tutorials but I think the first one will help the new user a bit more. Would like to see a combination of some aspects. The examples for calculating help to clarify the development options.
2008.Jun.17, 02:25 AM

Would these be in addition to a quick over view? While they explain everything well, the length could be quite daunting to a new player. Are these rough drafts or final drafts?
2008.Jun.17, 02:30 AM

what dos the winner get?? and what dos the runner up get?

also dos the winner help the new players to understand this?? because if they have just started they might need a little help getting to knw how it works and stuff? :?
2008.Jun.17, 02:57 AM

lol, i remember when i was a young ALer. i just clicked around till someone hosp'd me (about 3 mins in). then i joined a gang and those guys showed me the ropes. between them and some pretty lame questions in the forum, i feel i did pretty good with out a tutorial
2008.Jun.17, 03:03 AM

yea, when i started... i asked cheif eagle for cash and he put me in hosp for like 100+ mins lol it was funny as..... but yea i just learnt heapz of the stuff myself without any help frm anyone till about lvl 3 - 6 then i started getting help from people telling my to train more and stuff..... but that was 300+ days ago almost a year lol...... lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
2008.Jun.17, 04:41 AM

ThE tutorial is great!!! Zenith !!!me, and some of us, i think... want an option to change the language of the game, to more people can understand and join this game! It would be great! i think with that, the number of players will eXPLODE!!! Hundred's of players will join, new gangs will groW! a new generation will start ! WHAT DO U ALL THINK ABOUT THAT????? DIFFERENT LANGUAGES! AND AN IRC PAGE! WOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted :wink: :wink: :wink:
Thread Closed