Complaints from players about other players
2007.Oct.04, 09:47 PM
Complaints from players about other players
I've had a tremendous amount of mail from players complaining about online attacks, vulgar emails, and general "I want to make you quit" types of hospitalizations.

While I hate preaching to players about how they should play, sometimes it's needed.

I think by now most people know I give people the opportunity to work their differences out. I prefer players handing their own issues since every time I step in everyone loses. Most of the time people realize they have to co-exist in this game, but lately the nastiness between players has been taken to a new level.

Online attacks are not against the rules. There is nowhere in the game that states online attacks are not part of the game.

However, hospitalizing a weaker player every time they come online for several days is just not right. No one wins in this situation, and ultimately the game suffers as players decide to quit.

Yes we play a crime game based on beating down your enemies. Yes this game is a direct competition to be the most powerful combatant. It is not a game where you mail obscenities, racial slurs, or inappropriate messages. It is also not a place where you try to make someone quit by making the game miserable for them.

Going forward if people cannot utilize their mailing privilege in a mature manner, I will have a quicker trigger in pulling the privilege away.

As for hospitalizing players while they are online, I don't have an issue with it. Sometimes this tactic needs to be done. BUT, I have an issue with numerous hospitalizations for the sake of ruining a player's ability to play.

There are ways to make your point without taking the ability to play away from someone.

The multiple hospitalization code apparently is not fool-proof and needs to be reworked. Perhaps hospitalizations need to cost more energy. Perhaps the incremental penalties for multiple attacks on the same opponent needs to be increased. In any event, I have my hand forced here and will be required to make some sort of change to prevent the venom between players turning into a situation where one player can't even play.

Your loving admin,

Zenith

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Oct.04, 11:08 PM

It's sad that things like this needs to be done.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Oct.05, 02:16 AM

Druchii Wrote:It's sad that things like this needs to be done.

I second that.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Oct.05, 08:40 AM

it is too bad things came to this, you addressed the issues well though Zenith.
2007.Oct.05, 09:42 AM

It's also too bad that a frequent obscene email code can't be worked into the frequent hospitalizations code.

Just sayin
2007.Oct.05, 11:41 AM
Re: Complaints from players about other players
zenith Wrote:Your loving admin,

Zenith

You've got to love admin that can step into a hostile situation and still love ya! Biggrin

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Oct.05, 03:08 PM

mtngti Wrote:It's also too bad that a frequent obscene email code can't be worked into the frequent hospitalizations code.

Just sayin
you can still hosp that person when he sends you those mails. Or simply block him/her??
2007.Oct.09, 10:09 AM

Personally, I can't believe people complain so much to you. I can understand complaining about the multiple hospitalizations, if it makes the game unplayable for them.

But the obscene email thing? Zenith implemented code long, long ago that allows you to BLOCK mail from certain players. If you don't like what another player has to say, please use this feature instead of whining to Zen and taking up her valuable time...

K? Thanks.
2007.Oct.09, 10:15 AM

I was just sayin. Like I said.

I don't whine. I hospitalize. K? Thanks.
2007.Oct.09, 11:38 AM

Personally, I like the block feature. I am just upset I didnt use it sooner. I am glad it is an option.
Right back at ya zen...we love you too Smile