donator/happieness/non donator
2008.May.21, 06:32 AM

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but only you can feel it's warmth."

yea that was my assumption on the refresh too, i only get 6 instead of 8 energy at my level as a non donator now(til friday), so 3/4 refill rate to same happieness means not so happy!
2008.May.21, 06:34 AM

mudpies Wrote:if someone wants to donate credits for an energy refresh in the next couple minutes, I'll test to see how much happiness is used with no donator status vs same energy used with donator status.

I just unloaded my EP into skills.

to me, it seems like happiness used is relitive to how many dev points you gain. I can't verify though.

pretty sure it's to the amount of energy used!! but if it is dev points then that could be right cuz my trains suck!!! i lose well lets say allot on a full train.
2008.May.21, 08:26 AM

UMM, zenny. Can you clear up the mystery here? alot of assumtions but it would be nice to have a clear concise answer.
2008.May.21, 08:38 AM

donators have no extra happiness refresh or happiness costs, it's pretty simple.

Player a has 100 EP and refreshes 10 EP a tic- non donator.

Player b has 100 EP and refreshes 20 EP a tic- donator.

Both players have 100 happiness, a full train costs 100 happiness, and both refresh at 10/tic.

Player a will refresh all happiness by the time his EP fills up again, while player b only refreshes 50.

Obviously the real numbers aren't quite the same, but you get the point.

I think that's the best way for it, as a non-donator you rarely (if ever) have to refill happiness or do stuff while it refreshes, but that's about the only bonus you get. As a donator you just use the extra EP as free attacks or study time.
2008.May.21, 01:00 PM

LordSkie Wrote:donators have no extra happiness refresh or happiness costs, it's pretty simple.

Player a has 100 EP and refreshes 10 EP a tic- non donator.

Player b has 100 EP and refreshes 20 EP a tic- donator.

Both players have 100 happiness, a full train costs 100 happiness, and both refresh at 10/tic.

Player a will refresh all happiness by the time his EP fills up again, while player b only refreshes 50.

Obviously the real numbers aren't quite the same, but you get the point.

I think that's the best way for it, as a non-donator you rarely (if ever) have to refill happiness or do stuff while it refreshes, but that's about the only bonus you get. As a donator you just use the extra EP as free attacks or study time.

The guy who quit for a year is correct. Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.21, 01:10 PM

wouldnt player b be a donator? Smile
2008.May.21, 01:40 PM

yes, my bad, slight typo there Razz

theory remains the same though!
2008.May.21, 02:12 PM

it does Smile i knew what u were saying, just wanted clarification haha
2008.May.22, 07:50 AM

Umm where does humanity and level factor in there? Because if Player A has 11 humanity and player B has 0 humanity, donator or not, Player A is going to get more happiness each refresh.

For example, I know that Usha a level 47 does not get as much happiness as me a Level 27 because of the Humanity offset. Ush is 0 while I am 11. We are both donators. If Ush's Humanity was 11 then he would get more each tic because of his level than I.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That's how I've always understood happiness refresh.

AP and EP are always a fixed number based on level and donator status.
2008.May.22, 08:06 AM

I think (memory is very hazy) that you increase in happiness refresh as you gain levels. Obviously humanity also plays a part here, but how big a part I don't know. It could either be a flat gain, or scales as you level more (which I think more likely. So 10 humanity at lv 5 would only get you, say, 1 extra happiness refresh whilst 10 humanity at lv 25 would get you 4 or 5. I've never looked into the refresh rate offered by humanity so I can't say for definite.