AL compatability with blackberry pearl (verizon)
2008.May.11, 12:18 PM
AL compatability with blackberry pearl (verizon)
my contract is up and i'm thinking of getting an internet phone. i remember hearing palms work well w/ AL but what about blackberries? specifically, the pearl?
2008.May.11, 12:23 PM

I had a pearl 2 (sprint) and ended up returning it...

Worked fine with AL... but I found the trackball and keypad awkward. Also, ringer / ringtone volume sucked.
2008.May.11, 12:29 PM

any phone w/ internet will work well as long as you have opera mini.
i have a slider phone and it works pretty good if you ask me, but then again all i do is just train and do crimes.
2008.May.11, 01:10 PM

d and i have the samsung i 760 with ie mini browser and windows mobile based....works great but doesnt use cookies so if you close the browser you end up having to log in again...the touch screen and stylus are a plus too as is the wide or slim screen choice....if you slide the phone to typing mode the screen changes to wide orientation and displays al nicely Smile

a great browsing phone, but not a great one to use if you spend alot of time on the phone....it does have wifi and bluetooth capability which is pretty cool too if your connection over the air is slow

edit: we have verizon and it works great with these phones...i had the moto q first and returned it...

doh
2008.May.11, 01:17 PM

I'd mail Ush about it. I believe he is also with Verizon and said there was something with them about AL.

Some distributor (like mine...) just won't let you download opera mini and I can't train because of it, browser sucks too much.
2008.May.11, 01:25 PM

i have a razr v3m thru verizon. I can't install OpMini and have never been able to log into AL.
2008.May.11, 06:05 PM

I got a regular blackberry, and i can do anything i want on the internet. works fine.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.May.11, 07:56 PM

blackberry 2 works surfs the net pretty good
2008.May.11, 08:20 PM

I got an unlocked I phone so it works on Verizons network. AL works like a champ.
2008.May.11, 08:52 PM

PhisheVA Wrote:I got an unlocked I phone so it works on Verizons network. AL works like a champ.
How do you get an "unlocked" phone? I could sure use it for mine too.