Critical Hit Calculation
2008.May.09, 11:06 PM
Critical Hit Calculation
I have been thinking..

Does having more accuracy increases your chance to land critical hit on your enemy?

If it does...

Here is the second quesiton.

Does it ONLY apply to Range weapon.. or BOTH melee and range?
2008.May.11, 07:58 AM

i thought dex was good for landing crits
2008.May.11, 09:14 AM

TO my understanding...

dex is more like speed. allow you to avoid hit. or possibly land more hit.

Acc is like how acc you would hit a person's vital area.

I never tried myself, but I heard that the blunt weapon land quite a lot of critial. Maybe Intelligence is the stats for critial?

Anyone out there willing to share their AL knowledge. :]
2008.May.16, 12:30 AM

bump. does anyone know?
2008.May.16, 12:54 AM

Each weapon has it's own critical hit chance and critical hit damage range. The best way to land more crits is to pick a weapon that has a high chance of a crit (like the razorwhip), improve your weapon skills, or be lucky.

If you are lucky you don't need the other two.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.16, 01:36 AM

hmm.... how would one go about getting the luck skill?

if trained up, would this skill increase a player's chance of critical hits?

food for thought.
2008.May.16, 02:14 AM

zenith Wrote:Each weapon has it's own critical hit chance and critical hit damage range. The best way to land more crits is to pick a weapon that has a high chance of a crit (like the razorwhip), improve your weapon skills, or be lucky.

so basically high crits > more attacks per round?

so by this logic two EXACTLY the same characters...one using the best long bladed melee and one using the SB-1......the shotgun would always win? cause it would have a higher crit hit?
2008.May.16, 07:24 AM

zenith Wrote:Each weapon has it's own critical hit chance and critical hit damage range. The best way to land more crits is to pick a weapon that has a high chance of a crit (like the razorwhip), improve your weapon skills, or be lucky.

Thank You Thank You.. Zen. You are officially our savior. not that you are not one already.
2008.May.16, 07:36 AM

Buuddha Wrote:so basically high crits > more attacks per round?

so by this logic two EXACTLY the same characters...one using the best long bladed melee and one using the SB-1......the shotgun would always win? cause it would have a higher crit hit?

Good questions. However, there is one flaw. Melee player's stats are focus on Dex and Str, while Range player focus on Acc and Dex. If you have EXACTLY the same character, it doesn't work really well in this scenario.

Here is some statistics.. Might be boring.. haha..
Weapon A gives out an average of 5% critical Rate and hit 3 times per min
Weapon B gives out an average of 3% critical Rate and hit 5 times per min.

Weapon A get 3 tries to land a 5% critical hit while the weapon B get 5 tries to land a 3% critical hit. There aren't much critical advantage for weapon A over the weapon B.

If a weapon has 20% critical rate, + randomness effect and luck, thats about 1-3 criticals in 5 hits. If that weapon ever exist, I believe Zen will lower the weapon's average damage, lower the accuracy or the hit rate to compensate the difference. What I am trying to say is this, the T-450 and SB1 shotguns has a high average damage in compare to other in its class, its definitely NOT one of the high critical weapon out there. So, no worry. Wink

Besides, from what I been hearing, pistal gives out a better critical rate.

Even if the shotgun has a bit more critical rate than long blade, there is a BIG IF here. According to Zenith, you would improve your critical rate by increasing your weapon skill. if you have focus on a weapon skill and reach a Rank 3, while the shot gun guy has a Rank 1 on various skills. The odds of critical hit would be more favorable for the blade.