New Game Tutorial Contest - Entries are now closed
2008.Apr.21, 04:02 PM
New Game Tutorial Contest - Entries are now closed
As everyone knows by now, our in-game tutorial is pretty weak (if not useless). I'm looking for help from the players to make a new & improved one.

Criteria :
  • Must be worded for the new player. Try to remember how you were when you first started and had no idea what an AP. In other words, try not to abbreviate in-game terms.
  • Should provide a series of steps that a new player should follow. While an ordered list isn't necessary, it might be easiest for you to write and for newbs to understand.
  • Should not include any cheats or undocumented rules (such as online attacks being against the rules since they are not). If it's in-game etiquette, it would be nice for it to be separated from in-game rules and specifically stated as not being a rule.
  • Should be in HTML format as this quickens the implementation. If it is a simple html file attached to an email, then perfect. If it's an html file created in MS Word, it's probably best that a simple text file is sent (MS Word html is normally filled with a lot of drek).
  • Must be submitted by Wednesday, April 30th.
  • Must not be plagiarized. If it's already on another site then don't send it in.
Please do not post your writings in this topic. Email them to (newtutorialcontest [at] awakenedlands.com). We will read them and pick the top 5 (assuming there are more than 5) we feel work best, and have the rest of you vote on the best one. The winner will get a nice little profile-tag and a unique item. Those who don't win will still get the warm-fuzzy feeling of trying to help out the game. Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Apr.21, 04:11 PM

Good luck all who participate.
2008.Apr.21, 04:31 PM

And for those of us who can't write in HTML, can we just send it in simple word?

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2008.Apr.21, 04:41 PM

yeah, i'm an idiotsavant where that comes in and unfortunately more of the 1st than the latter Sad

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Apr.21, 04:43 PM

I'd prefer it in HTML, but it's not mandatory. If it's a good tutorial then as long as it's text it's fine.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Apr.21, 05:46 PM

I'm guessing these will be posted anonymously when the time comes to vote?
2008.Apr.21, 06:20 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:I'm guessing these will be posted anonymously when the time comes to vote?

Exactly.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.07, 11:04 PM

Sooo when do we get to vote?

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.May.08, 01:15 AM

The moderators are reading over the two submissions. Looks like it's going to be a battle of 2 only.

P.S. Mods -- check the moderator forum Razz

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.May.13, 10:17 AM

the suspense is killing me