"randomness"
2008.Jan.24, 01:20 PM
"randomness"
I'd appreciate it if one of the game admins could explain this phenomenon. How much should attacks vary? There seems to be a giant swing from one attack to the next, with nothing to explain the difference other than.... "randomness"....

Just seems like a catch-all term.

Thanks for any info.
2008.Jan.25, 04:45 PM
Re: "randomness"
mtngti Wrote:I'd appreciate it if one of the game admins could explain this phenomenon. How much should attacks vary? There seems to be a giant swing from one attack to the next, with nothing to explain the difference other than.... "randomness"....

Just seems like a catch-all term.

Thanks for any info.

I think the stronger you are, the wider the variation will be. I can't think of a logical or valid reason for it. That's just what was decided. It's a little counterintuitive as you'd think the more you trained, the more proficient you would become therefore allowing for less variation, but there you have it.
2008.Jan.25, 08:24 PM

There are various ranges (randomness) for attacks. I'll try to not get too boringly technical.
  • Hit chances are random.
  • Damage Ranges are random. Each weapon has a random range, and damage potential goes in steps until you reach the best for that weapon.
  • Critical Hits are random. Similar to Damage Ranges, but you need to land a exceptional hit to have a chance to score extra damage. All weapons have different critical hit chances and damage ranges.
  • Resistance Ranges are random. Similar to Damage Ranges above but involves armor, helmets, and belts instead of weapons.
  • Exceptional Damage Resisting is random. Think of it as critical hits, but for armor.
  • Attacking first or second, what we call Initiative, is random. In each pair of attacks we determine who goes first.

Your chances to do something are not based on your raw abilities. They are based on who you are fighting. You will see more of a range against someone you are close in strength with. Your level, stats, equipment, and your opponent are all variables in the combat equation, along with your gang bonus, attack type, encumbrance, etc.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jan.25, 10:00 PM

Definite randomness there. Attack Pullo4Hire and you will see a randomness. It will be random whether your butt is handed to you in 3 rounds or maybe you can get 5 rounds. If you are high enough you may get 8 to 10 rounds before you wake up to a nurse. LOL