Gang Types
2008.Jan.21, 05:07 PM
Gang Types
Here's the idea I posted about before, explained in greater detail. Basically, it would make it so gang presidents can choose between two types of warring systems. Normal and Hardcore. Normal would use the current gang war system while Hardcore would use the old school ruleset. Once chosen, this preference cannot be changed.

Normal (Mafioso, Organized Crime Syndicates)

The normal gangs would continue to operate in much the same way the current gang code does, with a few minor changes. Mafia or organized crime syndicates would focus more on player experience. Other than abilities granting them bonuses to hideout wars, they would also be able to spend gang points on abilities to increase their experience and monetary gains from crimes and fights. This gain would not be insane (probably less than 1% at max effectiveness), but it would provide incentive and I think goes along with the mafia style of criminal gang.

Hardcore (Street gangs)

The hardcore gangs would have Gang Point abilities much the same as normal gangs do, however these would all focus on player versus player combat in the old style wars, granting increased stats, defense or attack power when fighting players in a war. They would also have innate gang abilities that would grant better gym and career returns on stats (again, not a huge amount, but enough to differ them from the other type of gang). They would also have the ability to exchange gang points for respect. Hardcore gangs would gain gang points and respect from fights, and their gang point acquisition would be roughly 2-3 times greater than normal gangs, this is to make up for the fact that the gang can be destroyed and all the work put into it, being lost. There would be some changes to the old style of war, such as players that are defeated can alert fellow gangmates to the threat, increasing their defense much like the new war system and respect would still be exchanged on the power rating basis.

The Explanation

The differences in how the two types of gangs work is to reward the specific type of playstyle that the players choose for themselves. Typically, players who want to destroy gangs, want to be strong, thus the stat gains. The normal gangs will have monetary and experience gains to help them increase their gangs size, as the new wars are more about numbers than raw strength.

I think the advantages that both gang types have would entice players to frequently move gangs, helping to ease the "super gangs" that have always been present in AL.
2008.Jan.21, 06:26 PM

:shock:
2008.Jan.21, 08:20 PM

I think with the preference of gang type as a one shot deal it might actually work for some. That way, as I said before gangs could not choose one way and then an hour later chose the other. Would make gangs actually think about how they want to run in AL.
2008.Jan.22, 10:59 AM

Yes, I think it would help settle the debate between which type is "better" by giving people a choice of either/or. I think it might also help some people who weren't around for the old style wars to get a taste, and maybe even enjoy it.
2008.Jan.22, 11:29 AM

Yep there are still lots players who miss old system
2008.Jan.22, 11:31 AM

I like the idea would be great to see how it works...

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Jan.22, 11:54 AM

Good idea. I wasn't here for the old gang types. Would love to see how it all works o.o
2008.Jan.22, 12:55 PM

offtopic... did anyone else see the flood of new ideas lately? good or bad, there were very many... I wonder how Zen will manage to keep up with the upgrading of the game... :oops:
2008.Jan.22, 05:24 PM

AlienaFerox Wrote:offtopic... did anyone else see the flood of new ideas lately? good or bad, there were very many... I wonder how Zen will manage to keep up with the upgrading of the game... :oops:

just because someone comes up with an idea and many of us like the idea... it doesn't mean zen needs to give a shit about it.
2008.Jan.22, 10:10 PM

mudpies Wrote:
AlienaFerox Wrote:offtopic... did anyone else see the flood of new ideas lately? good or bad, there were very many... I wonder how Zen will manage to keep up with the upgrading of the game... :oops:

just because someone comes up with an idea and many of us like the idea... it doesn't mean zen needs to give a drek about it.

Ya she may just pick out the one's she likes or are feasible and run with those.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl