Energy
2006.Oct.12, 03:30 PM
Energy
I am looking for something else to do with my energy other than attacking players and training. There are times when you can't attack (took too much damage in last battle, for instance) but your energy bar is full. Also you might not want to attack because lack of players to attack in your zone.
In any case, I am fishing for suggestions that might be able to be implemented to help spend all that excess energy...

Ideas:
Spend energy (in a workshop maybe) to add a bonus to specific items (have an bar that slowly fills. When it fills you get to add a bonus to a single item (+1 protection to armor, or +1 damage to a weapon). This bonus stays with the item (and can be sold).

Spend energy to speed up classes (bar fills up to reduce class time for 1 day)

Spend energy to personize items (bar fills up to add word to begining or end of item from a pre-approved list)
2006.Oct.12, 04:16 PM

Ya, I made a thread about this with some other ideas but I like your as well. the speeding up a class thing would be nice. as long as it didnt take like 500 energy for one day. If it took like 100-150 energy for 1 day, that would work.
2006.Oct.12, 04:43 PM

Yea... classes are done by hours aren't they, not by tic? So it's 7/14 whatever days from the hour you select them?

So you could have a system where like 5/10 energy=1 hour less on class... I wouldn't use it too often, but for those times when I'm low on happiness and health it could be nice... but it wouldn't make classes too easy either.
2006.Oct.12, 04:53 PM

^^^^
as it is now, i dont think its by hours, but by days.

i.e if you sign up for a class at 11:58 pm, in 3 minutes, youve completed the first day.

not 100% sure however
2006.Oct.12, 11:02 PM

i would like if school classes had an energy price on them

like smallest class. 7days =700 energy

and you could go to school, pay energy and maybe get done with the thing earlier
2006.Oct.13, 09:06 AM

I'd like to see another use for action points. I typically advance my character in one of two stages. Spend all my energy and action points on activities that provide experience, or spend all my energy on stats. It would be nice if AP could gain stats somehow as well, maybe use AP to gain in stats that arent available in the gym.
2006.Oct.13, 09:34 AM

Yea... that could work... because AP isn't affected by donator days, so you'd still be getting a lot less... If end and int were about the same as res, work XP was half that and rep half again, it'd be trainable without breaking up the system- you'd need a mega house and full AP+donator day to gain a couple points of rep.
2006.Oct.13, 09:56 AM

endurance and intel would be ok to train. but work experience and especially rep should be a lot harder to get.
2006.Nov.18, 10:11 AM

i would love too see something like this implemented Smile

especially to spend energy to speed up classes

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.