Official Game Addition : 13 New Career Special Abilities
2007.Dec.14, 02:05 PM
Official Game Addition : 13 New Career Special Abilities
The career system has just been enhanced with the addition of 13 new special abilities. All these abilities are intended to provide more options for players as they push their way up the career rank ladder.

Below is a short list of the changes. Most start seeing new abilities around rank 6, except for manufacturing.

Engineers (2)
Peacetime War Planning - Temporary increase in your gang's attack damage.
Wartime War Planning - Temporary increase in your gang's attack damage.

Construction (2)
Peacetime Defensive Fortification - Temporary increase in hideout hardness rating.
Wartime Defensive Fortification - Temporary increase in hideout hardness rating.

Physical Careers (Martial Arts, Military, Athletics)
All get some form of temporary defensive bonus that stacks with armor and armor shield belts.

Medical (2)
Reduce Hospital Time (Self) - reduces your hospital stay.
Reduce Hospital Time (Gang) - reduces a gang member's stay only if they are more human than borg.

Scientist (2)
Craft Short-term Stimpack - Acts similar to the reduce hospital time (self) for medics. Crafted stimpack is used immediately from materials found while in hospital.
Hospital Cybernetic Repair (Gang) - Reduce hospital time for a borg in your gang.

Politician (1)
Hire protectors - A security team will help reduce combat danger by helping you avoid damage.

Manufacturing (1)
Shield Belt Salvage - Can "recharge" a shield belt past it's normal strength with scrap found at work. Does not cost cash. Replaces the original unused career special, and is available at rank 4.

More to come of course. Don't feel as if you picked a crummy career if it has less specials as other careers, as the ones with less are the ones to have things added next.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Dec.14, 02:16 PM

This looks great!
2007.Dec.14, 02:34 PM

Sounds really encouraging 4 ppl to rise ranks on their careers. Btw, I've been browsing through forums searching 4 available specials and it has been a pain to find just part of them. Now all new skills unveiled at once, big relieve on 1 hand, but got the feeling of lost mystery, dunno what's better. Smile
2007.Dec.14, 02:41 PM

nice Biggrin thanks!

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Dec.14, 04:14 PM

Pretty nifty stuff in there~

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2007.Dec.14, 06:02 PM

what a great X-mas! three wonderfull gifts, Thanks Zenith! Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
2007.Dec.14, 11:19 PM

This is great now i have something to work toward again Smile

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Dec.17, 12:20 AM

These are in addition to the current abilities or replace them?
2007.Dec.17, 04:25 AM

In addition.