Happiness
2006.Sep.03, 10:31 AM
Happiness
I'm wondering if there is any way to decrease the amount of happiness that is lost when going to the gym and/or increase the rate at which it is replenished? It's getting to the point where energy comes back significantly faster, which is annoying if im not attacking at the moment.
2006.Sep.03, 10:38 AM

Happiness is part of the yingand yang of this game. If you train too much, you will lose all happiness, meaning that your crimes will (mostly) all fail. You should seek a balance between training, crimes and attacks that allow you to advance in levels while maintaining a training regime that will not make you too easy a target of those above you or below you.
2006.Sep.03, 11:37 AM

from your response i gather that the closer you are to full happiness, the greater your chance of successfully completing a crime, does that hold for every crime all the time?
2006.Sep.03, 11:49 AM

Not every crime (hence the mostly), but a vast majority of them. Zenith said that some crimes are more likely with less happiness, although I have no idea which ones those are. All the other crimes seem to be tied to a certain base level of happiness. Now that I have a decent house, happiness is no longer the deciding factor, but the correct level of skill (dex, mostly, I believe, although there are some str and int skills).
2006.Sep.03, 12:13 PM

k, thanks for the info. just out of curiosity, what is a "decent" house?
2006.Sep.03, 12:44 PM

I have a villa (750000) now, but I think happiness wasn't an issue after the second house, if I remember correctly.
2006.Sep.07, 07:53 AM

What you do is you use all your energy at the gym, when your happiness is full. When you do this, your happiness will decrease quite a bit. Then, wait a couple of turns for your happiness to hit full, again, but don't wait for it to hit full if your energy or action points will go over their max. Once this has happened, use all of your action points on crimes. Repeat these steps over and over again. Also, even if my happiness is full, I prefer to wait until my action points are near their max, so that if I try to do a crime and get put in jail, I'll may be have enough action points to at least make an attempt to break out of jail and gain some nice experience on the side.