Biondi's Brutalization
2007.Nov.16, 10:48 AM

BlitzKrieg Wrote:Any chance we could get a list of the helmet types and their effects?
And possibly where to get each?
look in the newspaper that explains where they're at, 5 are downtown, 3 in midland, and a lot are on the item market if your looking for info from the midland ones
2007.Nov.16, 10:51 AM

Thanks Zenith!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Nov.16, 11:19 AM

So whats the deal with the helmets? Should you pair the helmet with the matching Armor? Or can you rock the SiC effectively while wearing a Dyneema Trench?...
2007.Nov.16, 11:23 AM

yea, curious about that too... because not all ppl have SiC or AL203 armor
2007.Nov.16, 11:25 AM

for the sic helmet....

Made with multiple layers of Silicon Carbide Composite, it is designed with a low center of gravity and has a configuration which extends protection to the neck and ears areas. It has a cradle type suspension system and is offset from the head to provide space for deformation caused by projectiles and to allow for increased ventilation. Very effective with most armors. Made specifically for the SiC Composite suit.

seems like it is most effective w/ the sic armor but has good benefits no matter what armor your have
2007.Nov.16, 11:31 AM

I saw all the helmet hype and made a quick decision to procure myself that SiC super duty Dome Deflector. Upon receipt of my new piece of armor, a slight wave of skepticism came over me, "Are my sterno-mastocloids strong enough to handle the weight of this that will protect my ears and neck?".

"Hard work good and hard work fine, but first take care of head."
2007.Nov.16, 12:29 PM
Sic Composite Analysis
So I have been testing this puppy out. I curently roll with the Dyneema trench and am somewhat skeptical of the benfits of the mixed armor pairing. I am not seeing any major differences in amount resisted.

Maybe it will take a few more attacks before I see the benefits, but for all you helmet-special individuals, a proper pairing of the armor and helmet might not be the worst idea.

Looks like I gotta make a run for my Sic armor...
2007.Nov.16, 12:42 PM

In testing I was seeing up to a 16% improvement on resisting damage with various combos. That doesn't mean it averaged 16% though. That was the absolute BEST I saw, and it varied between 0% to 16%. The higher the resistance rating, the better the results. Some players have mentioned they saw things cut in half, but I'm not sure if that was just excitement talking.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Nov.16, 01:26 PM

i got the sic helm,it seems to give a lil bit of help,sometimes that 1 point can make the diff from losing and winning
2007.Nov.16, 01:41 PM

Are any of the helmets on AL addicts yet?

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass