Strange password problem
2006.Aug.29, 11:46 AM
Strange password problem
Tried to log on a minute ago, but it wouldn't let me. Followed the procedure to get a new password sent to my email for the FORUM, and that worked, but there seems to be no procedure for the game...And I can't log in...It could be a bug or something, or someone could've kept guessing my password, I don't know. :s Could you look into it please, possibly send it to my email address? Thanks. :/ And no, I'm not mistyping it or have caps lock on etc, and it worked this morning. Smile
2006.Aug.29, 01:08 PM

I noticed 46 different IP addresses for your account (last night in fact), by far the most of anyone. Do you have any enemies out there? Was your password easy to guess?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Aug.29, 01:29 PM

:shock: Great.

There was this person who was continually mugging/hosping me from near enough the day I signed up stealing a load of money, but they would've had to have used a brute forcing program to get it, or maybe got it through the game somehow. :s
Sad

Were any of those IP addresses used by other players in this game? It's also possible that my own computer has been compromised and they got it through a keylogger somehow, but if someone else has either of the IPs it'd pretty much rule that out I think. They could've been using a chain of proxies (which might explain the 46 thing, that seems a lot, unless they were "passing" my account arround.)

I'll do everything I can here to make sure that isn't so. :s

Could you put my account in fed until everything is sorted, or disable it temporarily? :cry:
2006.Aug.29, 01:38 PM

I'll change the password for you to something no one knows. This way we can rule out someone getting the data from the website.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Aug.29, 01:39 PM

Thanks. Smile
2006.Aug.29, 05:13 PM

Nobody other account has used an IP you have used, so we can rule out at least that.

Are you on dial-up? Or do you log in at say school and home? Use a public computer?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Aug.29, 07:53 PM

No, I've been on my summer holiday (break) away from school, so haven't logged on anywhere in public. Even if someone did access my computer somehow (illegally/externally -- I'd know if someone in my family would do it, but they wouldn't, trust me Razz) there's a lot more important things here (and other games, forums etc) and none of them have been touched (even accessed) by anyone other than myself. I'm on a (rather slow Razz) ADSL connection.

Would really love to know who the culprit of this is.Evil Can you tell if they were all proxies coming from the same person yet? My donation days are withering away. :?

Just saw your PM. Smile Thanks for your help in this. I may've also sent you two replies, sorry for that, I thought the first one didn't sent. Razz