How to reduce money in the game
2006.Aug.24, 10:10 AM
How to reduce money in the game
Here is how I would reduce money in the game...

Item degredation - Each use has a chance of reducing the effectiveness of an item (ranged, melee or armor) when used in an attack (not when used to defend).

Cash transfer fees - A fee on transfers over a certain amount. Higher limits for donators and to gangs. Limits on the amount transferred per day.

Item transfer fees - based on the cost of the item

Housing downgrade fee - If you sell your house, pay a fee

Edit: Thought of another one... Tax on the house you have.
2006.Aug.24, 10:11 AM

another way would be to limit how many credits a person can convert to cash on a monthly basis.
2006.Aug.24, 01:18 PM

good ideas. i think the lottery idea which someone suggested before was another good way. The only problem was the legality issue. I do think the idem degredation is a really good idea though. It has been used in many other games and has worked fairly well in those
2006.Aug.24, 01:29 PM

other than donating and converting your credits to cash, i dont see money has a huge issue in this game.

Excepting when people "retire" and there wealth is distributed to the world. Then there is some money in amounts let loose.

I'm pretty active with crimes and dont even have 100k.

I also think my 80 bucks or what ever I spent should be able to be given to my friends. If I had known coming in to this game I would never be able to quit and give a pal my earnings, I never would have donated money in the first place. Sad

Now that I know, I think it doesn't take a brain surgen to realize there is little or no reason for me to donate any more.
2006.Aug.24, 04:56 PM

Just a note, I am not ignoring this thread. All good ideas. Keep them coming.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Aug.25, 10:04 AM

Personally, I think there are anough money sinks at the lower levels (10 and below). Also, being a gang leader doesnt help with your cash flow either. I personally have sunk in over 200k of my own money into the gang. That coupled with housing and item costs make it difficult (not impossible) to succeed. I can see there might be issues at the higher levels with the money sinks, especially witht he crimes you get to commit, but lets be caucious here. You dont want to repress the lower levels too much.

Whatever you do (if anything). Make it a sliding scale.
2006.Aug.25, 11:33 AM

I agree with Couch on the difficulty with obtaining money at the lower levels. Those $5 crimes take a while to add up to a gun...
At the same time, Item Degregation generally doesn't affect the lower levels too much, because of the item changeover is generally faster than the degregation time. Where it will mostly matter are the gun before you can afford the T250 shotgun, the last armor and the razorwhip. People use those a LONG time before moving up.
2006.Aug.25, 12:12 PM

Lostangel Wrote:Item Degregation generally doesn't affect the lower levels too much, because of the item changeover is generally faster than the degregation time. Where it will mostly matter are the gun before you can afford the T250 shotgun, the last armor and the razorwhip. People use those a LONG time before moving up.

A potential problem with this is long term abscenses from the game. I could degrade your kit so much I destroy it while you are gone, depleating your money AND leaving you defensless.
2006.Aug.25, 12:39 PM

Quote:Item degredation - Each use has a chance of reducing the effectiveness of an item (ranged, melee or armor) when used in an attack (not when used to defend).

That was from my first post, but with bolded highlights. Items should not degregate when defending against an attack, only when attacking.
2006.Aug.25, 01:14 PM

That is awfully close to RTFM.

Yar!

*sharpens kryss*