Work Experience
2007.Sep.11, 07:57 AM
Work Experience
Does work experience have anything other than rank to contribute to jobs? I was kind of hoping it would be analogous to endurance : gym.

I've once read a post where combat was based on something like a set of power bars (maybe a post from Thor), or experience gained was. I'd like that clarified. If keeping stats to a minimum will help for experience yields or if having a high overall set of stats helps for combat (like a bonus to attack for having high intelligence in addition to having high strength and dexterity).

Also, please don't post the below for an answer to my question:

Work Experience

Work Experience is a measure of how far you can go in your career. Careers with a low work experience rating are impossible to progress in. Careers ranks can only progress up to the Work Experience rating.
2007.Sep.11, 09:55 AM

I think you meant power level, which is determine by your level, stats, items and probably some more we don't know about.

And yes, if your power level is too high compare to your opponent you will most likely get less experience. But I'm not sure how much 1-2 work experience level will affect that score. Especially if levels are worth more at higher levels, then a level 5 work exp, for example, wouldn't influence your power levels much compare to level 20-30-40 for other stats.

I hope that's what you were looking for.
2007.Sep.11, 10:12 AM

Yes Thor, thank you for refresher of knowledge. So I guess running your stats as minimal as possible would grant you the biggest yields. Of course, the gamble would be up and coming characters would have a good chance of decimating a minimally stated character.

Maybe a suggestion should be placed that gives work experience more of an influence on jobs or something of a related nature.
2007.Sep.11, 12:31 PM

Maybe it isn't good or necessary to boost your work exp over level 3-4 or whatever your current max job level is needed but as you will go into the game, having level 5-6-7 in work exp, compare to your stats that will be level 30-40 each won't change much so don't bother too much with it, if it even matters in power level/exp gained.
2007.Sep.11, 12:47 PM

i am not sure about this, but it has some influnece in some crimes..
i have read this somewhere
2007.Oct.20, 09:09 PM

I will just post in an open question rather than a new one:

What good does Work Exp do?
What benefit does it give you?
2007.Oct.21, 12:39 AM

Your work exp level is the cap in rank you can go for your jobs.

since we suppose the best skills for each jobs will be at like levels 8-10, maybe more, you will eventually need to boost your work exp level to such to be able to keep getting promotions.
2007.Oct.24, 07:31 AM

It would make sense if work experience in some small way contributed to the amount of career points you gain for each hour worked. I know gaining up in career level effects that; but you would figure if you have a high stat in something labeled "Work Experience"; it should effect the outcome of your actual "work"

just a thought