Gang War Weapon Select Option
2007.Sep.10, 05:53 PM
Gang War Weapon Select Option
When you attack a hideout, which weapon is chosen? It would be nice to have some sort of option to choose which weapon you will use in a hideout attack as some weapons are more effective than others.
2007.Sep.10, 05:59 PM

i second this
2007.Sep.10, 06:22 PM

Very Good Idea!
2007.Sep.11, 01:22 AM

Currently the weapon you have equipped that will cause the most damage to a hideout is used. Not sure changing any code here is really the answer since you will be required to equip any item you want to use in any type of combat (PvP or gang).

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Sep.11, 07:41 AM

I seem to get lower numbers when my ranged weapon is equipped. I assumed that it was selecting the ranged instead of the melee. It could just be that whole randomness thing, but it sure seems like I get better attacks with just the melee equipped.
2007.Sep.11, 11:30 AM

You may be getting lower numbers, because your ranged weapon might be better than your melee weapon, so that when you attack with both weapons equipped, this game automatically chooses the best weapon (your ranged weapon) and ignores your melee weapon in the process. Also, I have heard from the great vine that you can get buffs for melee weapons, if you pursue a career in martial arts. The higher your martial arts career rating is, the more buffs that you get from a melee weapon. Now, I am not sure if you have to be currently working in the martial arts career for the buffs to take effect, when ever you make an attack, but I would be just to make sure. So, any way, if you get higher numbers from your melee weapon, then before you attack, just make sure that your ranged weapon is unequipped and your melee weapon is equipped.
2007.Sep.11, 11:35 AM

Dragon Wrote:You may be getting lower numbers, because your ranged weapon might be better than your melee weapon, so that when you attack with both weapons equipped, the game automatically chooses the best weapon (your ranged weapon) and ignores your melee weapon in the process. Also, I have heard from the great vine that you can get buffs for melee weapons, if you pursue a career in martial arts. The higher your martial arts career rating is, the more buffs that you get from a melee weapon. Now, I am not sure if you have to be currently working in the martial arts career for the buffs to take effect when ever you make an attack, but I would be just to make sure. So, any way, if you get higher numbers from your melee weapon, then before you attack, just make sure that your ranged weapon is unequipped and your melee weapon is equipped.

Let me rephrase.

In gang combat, if you have 2 weapons equipped the gang attack code looks at both weapons and picks the best one for the attack. It doesn't take the best one for PvP combat, it takes the best one for gang combat.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Sep.11, 04:41 PM

So, I messed around with it today. When I have both ranged and melee equipped, my highest hit is 39 points. With just the melee equipped, my highest hit is 42. I have never had a hit in the 40's with my ranged equipped (ever). It could still be the whole randomness thing, but it sure doesn't seem like it.
2007.Sep.11, 04:50 PM

it might be da type of range and melee u have equiped
2007.Sep.11, 07:25 PM

lol lol lol Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
thats so cool
now i can get more exp points because i use the ranged wepon now with this infomation in my head. lol :massivegrin: