Awakened Lands Stories...
2007.Aug.29, 03:10 AM
Awakened Lands Stories...
George Biondi was as restless as a schoolboy. He had to know. What the heck was Big Jack doing in the warehouse? Why was he the only one sitting in this drek of a rusted-out Eurocar 10xi?

Just one peak, he thought.
Just one little peak and I'll come back to the car and act like nothing happened.

Simple plan really, slip out of the car and peak in between the warehouse loading dock doors. No doors to open. No stairs to climb. Probably 30 feet from this back alley to the loading dock.

Then George remembered what Mats Fullar did to that hobo who had wiped the Eurocar's windshield off in hopes of scoring some creds for some smack.

George had never seen a Broyles Combat Axe slice completely through a chest before that day. That wasn't the scary part either. Mats had stepped out of the car, pulled the Combat Axe George had no clue about out from under his Dyneema Trenchcoat, made a quick one-armed gesture with the axe, then was in the car without a word. In 4 seconds.

Was Mats keeping an eye on him? George had no idea. All he knew was one slip-up and he'd be dead before he could see it coming. That's all the motivation he needed to stay put in the alley as a look out.

So what the heck WAS Big Jack doing in there? What could possibly be going down here in the Industrial District at 4am? He saw the Ares freighter in the dock, but he's seen plenty before. Was this the big "revolutionary" armor Jack had mentioned?

George continued to sit in the car and wait. Five minutes passed. Ten minutes. Talk about fun. Good old Georgie, pride of Evanfall, sitting here in a rusted heap in a back alley being the look-out for the gang.

Then, it happened.

There were sounds from behind him. Rustling. Like someone was stepping gingerly over leaves. Leaves in Decatur? He feigned a crooked smile.

George sat as motionless as a statue, listening intently to whatever it was behind the car. More sounds came, as if someone was trying to be heard but was afraid to speak. George noticed a shadow moving in the driver's side mirror and felt his heart slide up to his throat.

As soon as George reached for his Peacekeeper, whoever it was behind him must have heard him. The shadowy figure started to quickly make it's way away from the car.

"No way I'm gonna let some creeper get the drop on Big Jack," he whispered to no one in particular. He opened the door and drew out his Armalite.

The alley was empty, except for him, the car, and a trashcan he knocked over when he parked.

George crouched behind the car, scanning the alley for anything out of the ordinary. His nerves calmed. Nothing.

But there WAS something, wasn't there?

George started to make his way down the alley, making sure the heavy Peacekeeper was ready for action. Twenty paces down the alley and a brilliant idea occurred to him. If he could nab someone out here, maybe he'd score some points with the gang.

He ducked under an awning and crouched again, looking first back at the car, and then back towards where he was going, doing what he learned from Col Vincent to remain stealthy.

More noises, perhaps a cardboard box falling or a trash can lid. Only way he could know for sure is if he grew a sack and looked.

He made his way closer to the end of the alleyway, and saw the remnants of what he had heard-- a slowly swaying trash can.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!"

George spun around and rolled to his left, gun unable to fire because he had forgotten the safety was on. Only 2 pulls of the trigger before he figured it out, but by then it was too late. Before he had a chance to fill his pants with drek, a cat had jumped on the trash can and scurried up the alley wall.

"Good going George, that will impress the guys... Cat Killer Georgie to the rescue", he muttered to himself in disgust.

He made his way back to the car, being thankful he only had to change his pants. But what he saw ahead of the car was unbelievable. In his escapades to kill the villainous kitten, he had forgotten to keep his eye on the warehouse. By then it was already surrounded by Secure-Point guards, with guns drawn.

"Drek", George Biondi deadpanned.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Aug.29, 03:47 AM

So what you are trying to tell us Zen in a round about way is: no new armour cos George is a big wuss Biggrin

In all seriousness I like it. Something new to the forums. Not only can you write code, you write stories too, or did you write the code so that your PC writes the stories Razz

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2007.Aug.29, 11:16 AM

andyscho Wrote:So what you are trying to tell us Zen in a round about way is: no new armour cos George is a big wuss Biggrin

Actually I was trying to make some background history of why the announcement for the new armor shielding was made, then the week-long delay. Real-world stuff prevented me from doing it as soon as I wanted.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Aug.29, 01:05 PM

Zen, dont mention the real-world around here! :shock: , hundreds of ALers are now hyperventilating and rocking. Biggrin

I like the background stuff, adds a new dimension, keep em coming

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2007.Aug.29, 02:47 PM

Bravo!!!

Absolutely beautiful. We need a dedicated weekly storyline in the "lifestyle" section of the newspaper lol.
2007.Aug.29, 02:51 PM

Great :massivegrin: I love stories too!

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Aug.29, 02:55 PM

I won't promise daily, weekly, or even monthly stories. But I do promise to write more.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Aug.29, 05:25 PM

congrats zen great story keep it coming i'll be looking for the rest of your stories
2007.Aug.29, 06:08 PM

did she say the R-word? Sad
2007.Aug.29, 06:09 PM

as will I