ooookay
2007.Aug.15, 12:54 PM
ooookay
id say about 90% of the people i fight at my lvl kick my butt easily (and by such i dont mean "Hiei lost in combat to xxx" i mean im usually always in teh hospital with "Hiei bit off more than he could chew with xxx" As far as Downtown decataur goes (i know i spelled that wrong) I have one of the best weapons in both shops (sledge hammer which since you cant see teh actual statas of the weapons i assume its the best because it costs more than everything else in the gun shop and blade shop) and im using a combat hjacket (hoping to upgrade to kevlar vest when i get the cash (BUT IM 100% certain that wont make any signifigant outcome to my battles)

My dex is lvl 7 strength is lvl 6 and resistance is lvl 3 Looking at the dmg number im taking (40-50 per from most people) Im guessing theyre all using Guns... my question is.. are guns REALLY that over powered? If so wheres the game balance? I mean why even have melee weapons if apparently (from what im seeing in my fights) a gun is always gonna win over a melee weapon? might as well do away with melee weapons all together and give us guns as our only option... or are my stats just really THAT low? I would THINK (could be wrong) bein ranked 400 in both dex and STR isnt that bad for someone my level.. that probably isnt muvh at higher lvls but how many people at lvl 5 are walkin around with level 7 or higher dex and str. But yet i get flattened by most people my lvl (i gotat pick on peopel lvl 3 and under just to get exp lol) so Im guessing its just the guns which if it is then like i said some serious balance tweeking need to be done (or get rid of melee weapons entirely lol)
2007.Aug.15, 01:31 PM

You really don't have worry about fights at your level they don't give much XP. I would instead use those points to train your stats higher. The sledge is going to need strength to wield it properly so train that till your biceps rip through your shirt when you flex. Biggrin

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2007.Aug.15, 01:47 PM

i already have more than enough str required to wield it Razz
2007.Aug.15, 02:32 PM

Maybe but as your strength will go up, so will the damage you will do.

Guns and melee are even, in their own ways.

If my acc wasn't so much ahead of my str, I would definitely switch to melee asap.
2007.Aug.15, 05:04 PM

even how? are you saying two people that are lvl 5 one with the best gun they can get for their level and the other with the best melee weapon they can get for their level... the guy with the gun has 7 acc and the guy with the melee have 7 strength.. the both have no modifiers and the same resistance and dexterity level and the same armor... should do about th same amount of damage to eachother (i.e the guy with the melle is doin around 40-50 daamge per hit and the guy with the gun is doing the same)?
2007.Aug.15, 05:09 PM

Can't tell so precisely but it's something like that. Of course, each weapons has it's pros and cons, low/high hit rate, low/high crits rate, low/high crits dmg, and etc but all in all, it's all a matter of how you build your character.

And yes, 2 characters with similar stats should give very close fights if they use similar weapons and armors, if they have the good stats for their respective weapons.

Maybe you just need a little more you forgot to get even with them?
2007.Aug.15, 05:45 PM

well whats your opinion? ive posted my stats is that average/below aveerage etc for someone my lvl? i also posted the weapon im using and armor.. so what would you think the problem is? Ive only been attacking people lvl 5 and under and Ive been staying away from anyone that has donator status lmao yet the people i fight still seem extremely overpowered lol ive been beatin up on an inactive lvl 5 player in the federal jail recently as hes teh only one i seem to be having equal success/failure rate with.
2007.Aug.15, 06:13 PM

Are you sure you attack on full health?
2007.Aug.15, 06:15 PM

lol yes i attack on full health... now that would be dumb if i didnt lmoa
2007.Aug.15, 07:13 PM

Like everyone on AL hasn't done it once. Twisted