Poll: Should you be able to be fired after 5 days of inactivity?
Yes, death to casual players!
No
Who cares; shut up
[Show Results]

New Career System
2007.Jul.27, 10:31 PM
New Career System
This is my first time posting on these forums. I haven't been around for less then a month; but I feel that the new career system is flawed.

I am in the Military and I enjoy to pass some of my sea time playing this game. I have seen this game progress, and I am rather impressed.

The one flaw that I see in the new career system is in Zenith's notes:

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...php?t=2416
Quote:If you are inactive for 5 or more days and have an active career selected, you will be fired by your boss for poor work performance. Being fired is costly, as you will lose a rank in that career if it is above 1.

For people like myself it is rather unreasonable to have this type of system if you wish to have a casual community enjoy the game as it is intended.

I personally dislike this "fire" system because my ship has operations it needs to meet and the internet is disconnected for a lengthy time to keep US securities safe.

For instance: My ship was deployed to the east coast of Africa to support Somalia's coastal waters in early 2006. We captured some "pirates" and ship's internet usage was secure due to security reasons (FBI and company were conductiong ops and interviews).

Anyhow, my point is that it is unavoidable to not be fired with this type of situation. I am sure that there are many others out there that this "fire" system would be more of a burden than anything.

I understand that you wish to not let people just "sit on it" like the past job system was like. However, I can't see any sense in trying to advance in a job when it is so likely to just be fired.

Please let me know if anyone has any other ideas or any possibilities. Thank you.

When you change careers will you lose your career rating in that certain job? IE I am a 2 rating as a politician; I then change jobs to Military. If I go back to politician will I have to start back out at rating 1?

Thanks once again, enjoy flaming/commenting 8)
2007.Jul.27, 11:17 PM

If you know you are going to be away from a computer for more than 5 days then simpy quit your job and when you come back you can start back up where you left off. (with no penalties)
2007.Jul.28, 12:01 AM

with the new job code you have to actually work the job to get gains. so your best bet is like yoda said, quit your job when you know you'll be gone for a while. You won't gain anything while you're not active.
2007.Jul.28, 01:20 AM

Plus you won't have any money on ya' for people to mug you.
2007.Jul.28, 01:36 AM

Yeah, I miss mugging people who are inactive. *sniffle sniffle* I am gradually removing these non profitable inactives from my list. Sad Sad ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!