Hard Core Mode
2013.Apr.23, 07:00 AM
Hard Core Mode
For me, I think AL shines in low levels. I had a blast playing this game from level 1 to level 40. The weapon choices is abundan. The competition is huge.

I had been thinking about a Hard Core Mode lately. After hitting level 45, Each player would create ONE hardcore character in the same account.

Hardcore character has the following attributes.

1) It would really die. Once the character get kill, its gone.
2) The max level is 30. After that, each addition level is awarded by doing quests, contest, or events.
3) All hardcore character only takes 25% damage from normal character. And, they would deal 125% damage to normal character.
4) All items and cash from the user's normal character are NOT transferable.
5) House can be upgrade to limited safe heaven.
6) Other than Gang war's hideout bust, we would bust hardcore character's house.

Discuss. Smile

For other features, we would think of.

We would create a new collaboration feature called, Roommate.
(Roommate will generate a random bonus base on time.) For example, If a melee player team up with an range player, the range player might get hp bonus while the melee player might get extra battle round bonus. And, all the attribute generate randomly for each character.

Since each person would allow up to 2 roommate, people have to chat and try out different roommate for the bonus.
This post was last modified: 2013.Apr.23 07:09 AM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2013.Apr.23, 09:05 AM
RE: Hard Core Mode
(2013.Apr.23 07:00 AM)ZeonOne Wrote:  For me, I think AL shines in low levels. I had a blast playing this game from level 1 to level 40. The weapon choices is abundan. The competition is huge.

I had been thinking about a Hard Core Mode lately. After hitting level 45, Each player would create ONE hardcore character in the same account.

2) The max level is 30. After that, each addition level is awarded by doing quests, contest, or events.
3) All hardcore character only takes 25% damage from normal character. And, they would deal 125% damage to normal character.
6) Other than Gang war's hideout bust, we would bust hardcore character's house.

Discuss. Smile

(Roommate will generate a random bonus base on time.) For example, If a melee player team up with an range player, the range player might get hp bonus while the melee player might get extra battle round bonus. And, all the attribute generate randomly for each character.

Since each person would allow up to 2 roommate, people have to chat and try out different roommate for the bonus.

This would be cool, but... All hardcore players would be lucky to make it to 15. If it were the hardcore players were on a island of their own than this would be fun for a week or two. Than the top players would emerge and everyone else would be killed to prevent them from being number 1. Eventually only 1-3 players would enjoy hardcore and everyone else would be dead.

Also the hardcore players shouldn't be allowed to up their endurance/Intelligence or house, other than for safety. Also no donation status either.
This post was last modified: 2013.Apr.23 09:07 AM by Mock8800.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2013.Apr.23, 09:49 AM
haha..

The way you make it sounds. I feel like its the "Hunter's Game" in AL Style.

That would be pretty cool.

Anyway, the hardcore player would hide in their House. And, set their house to be indestructible until they reach to level 10 or 15. HOWEVER, they will have to leave their house to fight, crime, and level. This will make it extra hard.

I know a couple Normal Higher Level Player might try to hunt them down. It's gonna be challenging. But, its gonna be fun.

I believe with all the existing code in place, these concept can be done in less than a month... Provided we have a dedicated programmer.
This post was last modified: 2013.Apr.23 09:58 AM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2013.Apr.23, 09:24 PM
(2013.Apr.23 07:00 AM)ZeonOne Wrote:  For me, I think AL shines in low levels. I had a blast playing this game from level 1 to level 40. The weapon choices is abundan. The competition is huge.

Discuss. Smile

are you retarded?

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2013.Apr.24, 12:06 AM
Yes he is retarded, clearly is still wearing the same cummy pants from last week
2013.Apr.24, 07:06 AM
Clearly, we still got douchebag in here.

Amend
2013.Apr.24, 06:52 PM
sorry i asked

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2013.Apr.24, 08:27 PM
(2013.Apr.23 09:49 AM)ZeonOne Wrote:  Provided we have a dedicated programmer.

unrealistic

but sounds like a fun idea

FilthyMick hits Ramon Wiley for 1849 damage. Ramon Wiley resists 43 for a total of 1806 damage.
2013.Apr.25, 09:14 AM
Is it really that big of a deal to let certain players keep playing and do coding? I don't think it is. It would be in the games best interest to let this happen. Zeon would get my vote if he is interested. I remember when he first started i thought he was actually a secret admin. He had alot of knowledge of the game at a young age. Before this turns into too much of a cock sucking thread I will stop typing. Anyways, my 2 cents.
2013.Apr.25, 08:11 PM
I would never imagine a praise from Shark. Thanks dude.

Seriously, I knew most of the people here for almost 5 years. Since this is a small community, I would actually remember most of the history in AL. It sucks to see so many people go inactive.

I think the money from this game would easily hire a part-time programmer from College or India/China for $1000 a year. We paid them by projects. Just 2-3 big updates a year would go very far.

In between, the volunteer admin would do the very minimal update.
This post was last modified: 2013.Apr.25 08:13 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend