AL New Year's resolution
2013.Jan.04, 08:36 PM
RE: AL New Year's resolution
(2013.Jan.04 12:25 PM)OPreaper69 Wrote:  
(2013.Jan.01 03:00 PM)bebopcrew420 Wrote:  Here's a New Year resolution. Let's make a goal of at least one update every six months. Start small, then work our way up to quarterly updates. Who knows, we may be able to take a once successful game and turn it into a successful game.

Here's a thought has anyone considered purchasing the game from zen? We already know that by opening up a paypal (challenge/error whatever) we can get a hold of her, and im sure there are other players on here (besides Crunchy) that are capable of building/updateing an online game. She doesn't give a **** about this game anymore obviously, so she'll probably be happy to get some money out of it. (plus anyone whos looked at a site map for the game knows its only worth around $100) With that said we can take the game back and have a ~democracy~ comunity run game (of course controled by a team of developers that play the game with us)

Just saying sounds like itd be badass and hey if it doesnt work have we done anything different than what the games coming to as is?

cuz people still donate. it'd be foolish to get rid of residual income for a lower 1 time offer.

FilthyMick hits Ramon Wiley for 1849 damage. Ramon Wiley resists 43 for a total of 1806 damage.
2013.Jan.05, 10:00 AM
(2013.Jan.04 08:36 PM)filthymick Wrote:  cuz people still donate. it'd be foolish to get rid of residual income for a lower 1 time offer.

O.O they do?!? (i donated a little then stopped because we stopped getting updates) thats insane peole would still donate after all this crap.
2013.Jan.05, 10:28 PM
endurance reqs on weapons and retarded prices in the credit market, make me donate. i'd rather spend real cash than pay those prices. fuck dood, do you know how many weapons you cant equip yet? there is soooo much that you havent got to yet. what updates do you (specifically you) need when you havent seen all the game has yet? this is why i dont care about updates.

i imagine it sux for bender, general, howl, rj, and the others who are at the end of what they can get. but after six years of AL there is still stuff i cant use yet.

fuck what you heard. AL is a good game. its just stale cuz people quit giving a fuck about it. not just admins either, all anyone wants is updates. then we get an update, and we all bitch about it. we're all just a bunch of whiny bitches. we're not really mad about AL. we're mad cuz we all suck and are boring.

FilthyMick hits Ramon Wiley for 1849 damage. Ramon Wiley resists 43 for a total of 1806 damage.
2013.Jan.06, 01:58 AM
(2013.Jan.05 10:28 PM)filthymick Wrote:  endurance reqs on weapons and retarded prices in the credit market, make me donate. i'd rather spend real cash than pay those prices. fuck dood, do you know how many weapons you cant equip yet? there is soooo much that you havent got to yet. what updates do you (specifically you) need when you havent seen all the game has yet? this is why i dont care about updates.

i imagine it sux for bender, general, howl, rj, and the others who are at the end of what they can get. but after six years of AL there is still stuff i cant use yet.

fuck what you heard. AL is a good game. its just stale cuz people quit giving a fuck about it. not just admins either, all anyone wants is updates. then we get an update, and we all bitch about it. we're all just a bunch of whiny bitches. we're not really mad about AL. we're mad cuz we all suck and are boring.

I understand man (if not, at least I'm trying to) but that's the thing besides whing and bitching I'm trying something new at least something that's gone unexplored. To me the updates arent as important as ~care~ when no one cares if this game crashes and burns (developers not players) then the community suffers and then when you have people putting money in to it... (from here on in my mind i keep screaming everytime i try to put a coherent sentence) thats what the moneys for it keeps (suposed to) developer intrest up which turn out updates which keeps players active which leads to referals and keeps this game from ever imagining the phrase "stale". Its ciclicle. (Whew...)

As far as weapons and items in general your right I only have access to about 40% - 50% of it. Now think about this Space, Howl, General, Bender they've hit the "ceiling" as it (maybe maybe not?) is they need more stuff (crimes,weapons, armor, districts, limitations, etc...) eventually and new players need a way to catch up again where devleopers come in (contests/add ons).

My thoughts are in a big mess now because im half asleep trying to type this all out so i shall post this and gather myself tomorrow

P.S. - To anyone that wants to try and purchase the game anywhere we can get money pool? (Ask Zen what its worth then donate into the pool. Just an on topic idear.)
2013.Jan.06, 09:13 AM
Could create a kick starter account to purchase AL. I just wish they would increase the amount of credits per donations or make credits avaible through crime or higher gym trains for endurance. The currency here has a higher value than most third world countries. And better perks for donation status. Like 6 month consecutive donator status gives a 20% bump to gym trains.

The thing about smart mother fuckers is that sometimes, they sound like crazy mother fuckers to stupid mother fuckers - The Walking Dead, Comic # 72
2013.Jan.06, 10:02 AM
(2013.Jan.06 09:13 AM)NehrGodly Wrote:  Could create a kick starter account to purchase AL. I just wish they would increase the amount of credits per donations or make credits avaible through crime or higher gym trains for endurance. The currency here has a higher value than most third world countries. And better perks for donation status. Like 6 month consecutive donator status gives a 20% bump to gym trains.

Well we need more than 4-5 that have posted here (unless one of you can secretly throw down $100 and not think about it) plus we need to contact Zen see how resonable she's going to be as (filthymick) said its a source of residual income so parting with will likely up the price...

Then we need approval even if it was just the four of us how is the comunity going to react when we say we bought the game? (75% approval from all level 60+, and any presidents with an avg gang level of 25~, then anyone else important to the game if it feels warrentd) Seriously.

This can't be done on a whim we need to get a hold of all the major players of AL. (Plus with that much support everyone would only have to chip in like $5 or less) ive got a pretty good plan in mind but i need more than just 4 people to know about it, you feel me?

P.S. ive always been a fan of donator status unlocking endurance gym training and yeah a boost on top of that would be sweet.
This post was last modified: 2013.Jan.06 10:04 AM by OPreaper69.
2013.Jan.06, 12:09 PM
Nothing new can happen because new players would instantly benefit and old players would bitch.

Example!

Make it so we trade credits for all working stats.
Take away endurance and intelligence stat requirements
and make all weapons equal by basing the effectiveness only on your weapon class skill level and adding a weapon skill tree so you can customize your combat style....Say skill tree branches like critical hits. Accuracy. Hospitalization time increase. Overall weapon skill rating that would make your weapon most effective in your hands as you use it and not the price you pay for it. With Xp you will also earn weapon skill development points and defense dev points which you can spend the way you see fit.( skill points will be earned in combat not through 8 hours of training making it possible for new players to compete veteran players
NPCs vendors that sell credits to players for a set price that you can purchase with ingame cash. < This would enable admin to increase the number of credits you would get with donations. Add a housing rating system that can be increased like all other stats thus increasin happiness which every increased rating.

I smoke like a chimney, matta fact I smoke like a gun when the killer sees his enemy
2013.Jan.06, 12:33 PM
tl,dr

2013.Jan.06, 02:10 PM
(2013.Jan.06 12:33 PM)filthymick Wrote:  tl,dr

Whats that mean?

@JEDI - yes that would favor newer players and yes veterans will probably bitch, but who says we have to do this? If we get this from Zenith who's going to be the new Admin? (Certainly not me, unless you can code or run a paid website not you (no offense)). Who's going to be on the developer team? Democracy = vote. We all have a say in it and since the veteran to newb ratio is like 95%-5% it'll go the way veteran players want. And hey if we all like your idea then that's what we work toward...

But enough of this we need approval and support more than idle talk anyone in good with bird and howl and bender for that matter? Is anyone here even in favor of trying this? That's what needs to be asked we can worry about this stuff in a later stage (were trying to figure out if we want to build a rocket; nowhere near launching it.)
2013.Jan.06, 06:34 PM
I think it's funny that we're 6 days into the year and we still have fuckin' candy canes next to our names

Whatever bitch. I'm a pegasus pony.