Jail busting option
2007.Jul.09, 10:59 PM
Jail busting option
So what do you all think about a jail busting option if you are in Sing Sing?

I.E. You get arrested and then can decide if you want somebody to bust you or not. I know that some people may try to abuse it and want to click the bust option if they know their friends are on and they may get a good 600+ bust chance. However, have it so that whoever is in jail can be busted unless they click a "Do Not Bust" option whereas then they can not. To prevent abusing it for friends, have it that once you click that button you are in for the full term. That is, unless somebody wants to pay bail then. You can leave that option there all the time. LOL

So what do you think everyone? Smile Smile
2007.Jul.10, 12:35 AM

i vote no

1) you lose experience for getting busted

2) its not 100% guaranteed to get a bust, ESPECIALLY not a big 600 minute bust (check my forum thread, 14 or 15 fails before someone finally got me out)

3) the experience on a bust is NOT THAT GREAT. dont get me wrong, its better than you can get for committing crimes, but i have to bust 2 or 3 people out (200 minutes) to get the same exp as fighting ONE person

4) considering my last statement, i can bust out people better than people lower level than myself

5) you generally can only get 600 minute insanity jail busts for getting caught in big fights. ive done 25 and 27 AP crimes and gotten busted for about 250 - 300, but not 600. at low levels, 600 minute jail times arent going to be that common
2007.Jul.10, 12:48 AM

Yeah, but if somebody is constantly being hospitalized and they end up in jail for some reason they may not want to be busted. Then all of a sudden somebody like me decides to bust them. What if they would have rather sat in there for the 200 or 300 minutes? THat's why I said to give an option of having it so you are unable to be busted.

Like the person who in RL may like it there if he runs the jail. He gets paroled or pardoned and then becomes a nobody in the real world again. LOL
2007.Jul.10, 12:50 AM

zen just fixed the hospital/jail combo bug.

still, no offense, but this "dont bust me" button seems kinda pointless.

training is worthless in jail.

happiness constantly goes down.

if people want to stay in jail, they will have to do constant refresh to get to 2,000 minutes or get themselves hospitalized, either by fight or surgery.
2007.Jul.10, 01:06 AM

That works too. HEHE
2007.Jul.10, 05:16 AM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:i vote no
3) the experience on a bust is NOT THAT GREAT. dont get me wrong, its better than you can get for committing crimes, but i have to bust 2 or 3 people out (200 minutes) to get the same exp as fighting ONE person
Just wait til you do a 500+ bust 1, you'll change your mind :shock:

I never saw that we were losing exp for being busted out by others :?:
2007.Jul.10, 10:27 AM

hydro9226 Wrote:I never saw that we were losing exp for being busted out by others :?:

Me either. Are u sure u didnt lose the exp from Failing the crime?

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Jul.10, 11:02 AM

i meant getting busted by the cops, not busted out. yes, 500-600 minute jail times will get you huge EXP, but what gets u put in there?

you shoot for 100 dmg!

you've just been surrounded by the cops!!
2007.Jul.10, 08:48 PM

I was not saying anything about losing XP. I was just saying that maybe if there was an option of staying in jail or having others bust you. Maybe somebody is constantly hospitalizing you (You lose XP) and you wind up in jail before they can hospitalize you again. You do not want to be busted so you click the one time deal of "No Bust" or "Will not be busted" and you sit in the slammer for whatever time you have left on your sentence. May give some people a good night sleep knowing players weren't hospitalizing them while they ZZZZZZZ. LOL

Also, I did OK on my big bust. I am happy with the 465 minute bust so far. HEHE