Poll: Would you use something like this?
Yes
No, I love AL the way it is.
[Show Results]

Thoughts, suggestions?
2012.Mar.03, 06:34 PM
RE: Thoughts, suggestions?
CSS, and Javascript, with which you can do a hell of a lot really, haha. Nothing backend though...

an example. your stats, events and all that jazz can update live without refreshing the page. You could have a bar at the top of the page which pops up with stuff like, your energy is full now. or some dude attacked you, you won and gained 400exp. (which saves clicks to check the attack logger).

could also have the live updating of the gang war page which zen said she was going to do last year.

But in all honestly guys, doing what I have just done, has broken disclaimer 15..

Quote:Players agree not to, through software or other methods, interfere with the site operation and page content. This includes any method to manipulate the game in ways unintended by the creators.

I hope the creators may one day come round and read this. As the way it seems, (and the reality of it as well) is that this is a money making machine.

Like any small company, you put the hard work in at the start to get an active user/customer base. then once they are customers who have the product in their routine (paying customers preferably) you dont show the level of involvement you did when you first started the company.

Zen is not an idiot gentleman, s/he is just trying to be a business person and it's perfectly legitimate. If everyone stops donating to the game and installs adblock software on their browsers soon enough we will see an update.

Anyone ever notice that we get updates always around a certain period of the year? Be it christmas, zens kids birthday, that time when zen needs to go to the doctor, or wants a holiday.

Short Version

Yes, you can do lots of cool stuff really easily, even more cool stuff if you have access to the code on the server (which is really easy code). (the shit i posted at the bottom of the first page took 3 hours all up, and thats with having to use the html the server sends me, imagine if zen put in 3 hours a week...)

The game is shit. New weapons only for the top level players when they reach lvl 100 (and need more reason to keep donating), nothing interesting except when donations have dropped.

If no one donates, we get an update.
This post was last modified: 2012.Mar.03 06:38 PM by emocakes.

Help CrunchyBlack Here!!!!

Smoke dis, smoke dat, smoke weed, smoke crack
Everybody gettin' high, high off they fuckin' sac
2012.Mar.03, 08:51 PM
so have you made your own game crunchy? mail me if so. i would like to check it out. don't advertise it in here as you will get yoda'd.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2012.Mar.03, 10:53 PM
guess ill scrap my new layout, it was fun while it lasted

Wu tang
2012.Mar.04, 06:52 AM
(2012.Mar.03 08:51 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  so have you made your own game crunchy? mail me if so. i would like to check it out. don't advertise it in here as you will get yoda'd.

I'd make a game if I knew what to have in it. Not really in the mood to chuck a zen and buy some other shitty code which plenty of games use (monocity, torncity, whateverothercity). Send me suggestions in pm then haha

2012.Mar.04, 10:27 AM
Mail me of you making a game will be interested in anything like al with a lot of members

Your mumma
2012.Mar.04, 10:31 AM
(2012.Mar.04 10:27 AM)jamiewhite Wrote:  Mail me of you making a game will be interested in anything like al with a lot of members

Ban this bitch....

He is back....
2012.Mar.04, 10:32 AM
not allowed to advertise games on AL. shhh

Wu tang
2012.Mar.04, 10:33 AM
what game? there is no game.

2012.Mar.04, 10:33 AM
(2012.Mar.04 10:32 AM)HeadBustin Wrote:  not allowed to advertise games on AL. shhh

Ban this too....Smirk

He is back....
2012.Mar.07, 10:04 AM
(2012.Mar.02 11:16 AM)emocakes Wrote:  Was a bit bored today so i whipped this up in the last couple of hours.
it's a functioning skin for AL. still a work in progress, as in i still have to change some text colors etc etc.

so, any suggestions? thoughts?

would y'all use it?

[Image: ISVta.png]

Thats racist!
but how do i look like that guy?

kick the real world in the sac