Encumbrance
2012.Feb.05, 09:23 PM
Encumbrance
I've always believed that having a lower encumbrance rating is more beneficial for melee fighters than it is for ranged fighters.
I'd appreciate some input on this.
I've always believed that the only thing for ranged fighters that helps their hit ratio and the damage the hits do is having a great accuracy and dexterity rating.
This post was last modified: 2012.Feb.05 09:24 PM by SuperDave.

You pound Macleod to a bloody pulp. When you are satisfied at the pool of blood laying at your feet, you slip off into the shadows.

Experience Earned : Hospitalizations do not earn experience.
Hospitalization Time : 167
2012.Feb.05, 11:04 PM
RE: Encumbrance
(2012.Feb.05 09:23 PM)SuperDave Wrote:  I've always believed that having a lower encumbrance rating is more beneficial for melee fighters than it is for ranged fighters.
I'd appreciate some input on this.
I've always believed that the only thing for ranged fighters that helps their hit ratio and the damage the hits do is having a great accuracy and dexterity rating.

i have never had over 1 for my encumbrance. early on i was told by some high level players to keep it under 1. they where shotgun users.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2012.Feb.05, 11:13 PM
I was under the belief that encumbrance didn't affect anyone unless you were over 1.

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2012.Feb.05, 11:58 PM
(2012.Feb.05 11:13 PM)Canosoup Wrote:  I was under the belief that encumbrance didn't affect anyone unless you were over 1.

I heard that too. Thought Thor found a quote of Zen saying that once.
2012.Feb.06, 04:00 AM
(2012.Feb.05 11:58 PM)Joshiwa Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.05 11:13 PM)Canosoup Wrote:  I was under the belief that encumbrance didn't affect anyone unless you were over 1.

I heard that too. Thought Thor found a quote of Zen saying that once.

U told me this when we were both in bees.
2012.Feb.06, 11:02 AM
I thought this was that thread. I belive Zenith made it impossible to be over one after someone bought a bunch of knifes and over encucrbance themselfs. I dont really,know tjough. I just seem to be missed more when my encrubave is lower.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2012.Feb.06, 11:28 AM
I was under the impression that it affects combat slightly all the time but only negativley affects you if you are at or over 1
2012.Feb.06, 11:32 AM
i think it has to do with your encumbrance in comparison with your opponents.

Wu tang
2012.Feb.06, 01:10 PM
It used to be it would affect your combat negatively if it was over 1. But if you were over 1 and someone beat you they would get shit xp. People were abusing this so they wouldn't be attacked online. Zen then made it so encumbrance was your max carrying capacity. After that she said encumbrance had no affect on your combat at all. (to lazy to find qoute.) However the defensive evasion skill says it works best with a lower encumbrance. This may just be so it sounds good, or it may play a part in the code.

2:28 pm icecoldchillin attacked you and lost. Delete
2:00 pm deadmanwalking attacked you and lost. Delete
2012.Feb.06, 01:29 PM
I tried it with the turkeys on thanksgiving, by attacking with an encumbrance of 0.02

I found that they hit me a lot less often (although I got killed by very few hits so it really wasn't worth it Smile