Halloween
2011.Oct.30, 09:45 AM
Halloween
I've had a number of people ask me about a Halloween contest this year. I alluded to the fact that I wanted to have one in my announcement, but I figured it was a good idea to post here to confirm.

I am planning on having a Halloween contest this year. Given the short amount of time, I have not had time to code up anything completely new, so this contest will follow the same format as last year, though it will only run for a couple of days.

I will try and make the effects of the candies more interesting though, and who knows, there may be some special treats in the bags this year.

UPDATE:

So there is no confusion, the candies are the prize for this contest. Tags will be given for most candies/items found.

UPDATE 2:

I will be giving out tags for most candies found and most items found for both refresher and non-refresher. I didn't specify above, and have had a couple of people ask.

UPDATE 3:

Candies and tags should be available tomorrow, but not immediately following the contest end. I'll post a new thread here announcing that they're out, and also put an entry in the newspaper.

UPDATE 4:

Contest results are up.
Candy has been given out.
Tags have been given out.
This post was last modified: 2011.Nov.02 09:22 PM by cipher.
2011.Oct.30, 09:46 AM
RE: Halloween
(2011.Oct.30 09:45 AM)cipher Wrote:  I've had a number of people ask me about a Halloween contest this year. I alluded to the fact that I wanted to have one in my announcement, but I figured it was a good idea to post here to confirm.

I am planning on having a Halloween contest this year. Given the short amount of time, I have not had time to code up anything completely new, so this contest will follow the same format as last year, though it will only run for a couple of days.

I will try and make the effects of the candies more interesting though, and who knows, there may be some special treats in the bags this year.

Only for a couple of days? O.O

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2011.Oct.30, 09:50 AM
(2011.Oct.30 09:45 AM)cipher Wrote:  I've had a number of people ask me about a Halloween contest this year. I alluded to the fact that I wanted to have one in my announcement, but I figured it was a good idea to post here to confirm.

you do know halloween is tomarrow

did you really post that or did the voices i hear start typing to me ?
2011.Oct.30, 09:50 AM
Well I say lets start early like today because tomrrow is a weekday

GlenQuagmire
2011.Oct.30, 10:04 AM
I am aware tomorrow is a weekday, however it is the holiday.

I know last year was three days, and in hindsight I could have done the same thing this year, and for that I apologize.

I'm still getting the hang of this stuff, bear with me. It's a whole lot easier as a player to just show up and start playing the contest. More thought needs to go into planning from this side.

From my perspective, I'm glad I didn't try and force it to happen earlier. The last thing I want to do is screw it up and piss people off. I know some will be disappointed that it's on a weekday, and some won't.

While we have time, are there things you either liked, or didn't like about the contest last year (for those who played then)?
2011.Oct.30, 10:06 AM
I didnt like getting your candy stole

GlenQuagmire
2011.Oct.30, 10:13 AM
I don't mind, but then my job is to stay at home. heehee. Bring it!

Who gives a drek.
2011.Oct.30, 10:18 AM
I still have 24 candies from the last year.....Eek

Damn....

He is back....
2011.Oct.30, 10:27 AM
i approve of a day or 2 of finding candies. last year candies were fine but anything added would be cool.

Wu tang
2011.Oct.30, 10:28 AM
Last year's contest was okish. As long as you keep the drops to only candy. I see no point in getting stims and stuff like that. We have stores for them. Sym packs would be a nice addition to the drops I think. Also will it be a combat related contest(kill the ghouls etc) or will it be an AP related contest(go trick or treating). And I do hope this contest will be split between refreshers and non refreshers and that the prizes will be a personalized item(weapon, piece of armor etc.) Personally I see no use for demags and energy tanks(which for now don't even work)

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.