Broyles Inc. Ionized Axe VS T-450
2007.May.19, 08:57 PM

for melee weapons, your dex helps. For Ranged weapons, it's more Accuracy

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.May.20, 02:16 AM

i thought that acc was for crit and the dex helped hit with any weapon. ranged or melle can someone let me know if i am wrong?
2007.May.20, 07:29 AM

Quote: 1. Strength determines how much damage you do in melee battle with swords and fists. The more you train your strength, the better you will be at performing strength-based crimes.
2. Dexterity is used to determine your nimbleness in battle. The higher it is, the harder it is for you to be hit. You also benefit from having a better chance to complete dexterity-based crimes and busting out of jail.
3. Resistance reduces the amount of damage done to you when you are hit. Resistance is more effective when coupled with armor. Any test of physical resistance is affected by this attribute.
4. Accuracy affects anything that has to do with hand-eye coordination. It helps in combat with how well you can hit a target, as well as how well you can place a bullet into someone's body. Any crime or other feat of accuracy is also affected by this attribute.

From the looks of this, Accuracy determines criticals on either. Maybe Zenith will help clear this up.
2007.May.20, 09:00 AM

Accuracy is needed a lot in melee aswell as range though thinking of it, as you must be able to put a bullet in a effective possition in the person you're attackings body, but also you must be able to put your sword (for example) into somebodies part of the body for more effectiveness. Hope yas kinda know what I mean lol. Razz
2007.May.20, 11:23 AM

For this test to be accurate, all stats would have to be equal accross the board. The victim would have to have the same vital stats each attack, as would the attacker. Since the two weapons in question are similar in requirements, they should be similar in damage capable. As stated before, most people train for ranged, as have I just because the ranged weapons were better at the time. I am getting very frequent big hits with the 450. I have to say, melee is lots of fun if you cant get into the 450, the electric axe has some huge hits.

Whichever you train for if you stats are up there, you are gonna get some big hits and it all goes back to your training Smile

doh
2007.May.20, 12:53 PM

thanks for that, but still doesn't answer the two important questions.

1. does ranged or melee have a max damage on weapons?

2. does accuracy or dexterity increase criticals on melee?
2007.May.21, 05:56 AM

Acc doesnt play *as much* of a role in Melee combat as it does in Ranged. That's as specific as zenith would be when I asked her about it a couple months ago.
2007.May.24, 07:32 AM

You hit for 613 points of damage. Svartur resists 6 for a total of 607 damage
2007.May.24, 12:00 PM

What I've come to known with no help from Zenith is that all weapons have a max damage range with crits on the top.

But resistance on the opponent lowers youre damage range, so to sustain the max damage range on defenders you have to get the upperhand with higher accuracy and strength/dexterity to beat the defenders resistance level.

that's my conclusion at least

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.May.24, 12:06 PM

syntheticdarkness Wrote: You hit for 613 points of damage. Svartur resists 6 for a total of 607 damage

So far with the new attack logs, that's the best hit. 2nd is 579. :evilsmirk:

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin