careers
2010.Nov.18, 07:58 AM
careers
I have rank nine in engineering and I was curious if anyone had an idea of what rank I would have to get to to counteract the shit conversions in this career for like work ex and rep and shit like that. Is it worth it to just quit my career and work other ones for a bit or can I get to a rank where I can get the same amount of points or more per day
2010.Nov.18, 08:45 AM
RE: careers
Basically never. 1 point of manufacturing = 25 points of engineering, and you get more base in manufacturing as I recall. You'd need like, rank 75, to make it worthwhile not to switch.
2010.Nov.18, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't you just compare the change in conversion rate and the amount of CP you earn? I.e. if you want to convert CP to REP in Engineering it's 0.01, for Politics it;s 0.04, so if you generate 4 times or more the CP in Engineering than you would in Politics, don't switch.

If you are rank 9 in Eng and 1 in Politics, I would think you make more than 4 times the CP in Eng (no idea for sure though) in which case you've already compensated for the lower conversion.

Work experience is different though, you would need to make 25x more CP in Eng than Manufacturing, so in that case it's probably worthwhile to switch.
2010.Nov.18, 12:03 PM
(2010.Nov.18 11:20 AM)fngMalvos Wrote:  If you are rank 9 in Eng and 1 in Politics, I would think you make more than 4 times the CP in Eng (no idea for sure though) in which case you've already compensated for the lower conversion.

This is what I'm asking obviously its worth it to switch for work xp what about rep
2010.Nov.20, 10:33 AM
It depends, how many CP do you get in a day in Engineering? Switch to politics for a day to see how many CP you generate, if it's more than a quarter of your Engineering points it's worth it to switch.
2010.Nov.20, 01:18 PM
(2010.Nov.20 10:33 AM)fngMalvos Wrote:  It depends, how many CP do you get in a day in Engineering? Switch to politics for a day to see how many CP you generate, if it's more than a quarter of your Engineering points it's worth it to switch.

Right, I understood what you said the first time I was hoping someone could let me know how many points id get per day working rank one politics
This post was last modified: 2010.Nov.20 01:24 PM by Budweiser.
2010.Nov.20, 01:53 PM
Thor'd

May be able to give you some idea.

http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthre...ht=formula

The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg