Want to test an item before you buy it?
2010.Nov.18, 04:09 PM
RE: Want to test an item before you buy it?
(2010.Nov.17 09:00 PM)ditallica Wrote:  Seeing zen code and implement something to the game would be just as likely as metallica writing a good song. fat chance

yea, your probably right. i still hold out hope though (for zen to implement something worthwhile soon...not the latter).
2010.Nov.19, 07:55 AM
(2010.Nov.17 10:15 PM)Shaman Wrote:  I just saw bigfoot.
He was stealing clothes off my clothes line, thought my socks were gloves.

I thought this was funny.

It's not a bad idea but it's useless/too much work to code. I can't think of to many games (not that I play a whole bunch) that implements your idea; the feature that you are suggesting put that particular game "over the top".

I do agree with you in the sense that we should have more flexibility in what we do. We are in the "microwave generation" and things should be customizable. Simple add-ons would be flavor text for our characters or being able to personalize our screen color.
2010.Nov.19, 09:07 AM
(2010.Nov.15 04:45 PM)mblume Wrote:  - Each item may be taken out for testing only 1 time for a set period of time, say 3 days, after which the test period expires and the item and cash are automatically returned. A small fee could be taken from the cash before it is returned as well.

Coding would be similar to a purchase, but would have an expiration where the transaction is "reversed". The "Equipment Rental" could be added to the item market, and have a very small quantity available for each items, say 1 or 2.

Might be easier to code it, to put it if the player doesn't return it by the allotted time they bought it rather than the transaction being reversed. Then the issue of returning it is on the player and not the system. But still keeping with the allowance to only be able to test an item once.

So the price to test an item, would be the cost of the item plus whatever rental fee and you only get the funds back, less the rental fee, if you return it before the deadline.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
2010.Nov.19, 11:34 AM
just use a shotgun and dont train your res and all you gotta do is use the best shotgun you can, the T3 helm, and some low shitty armor. problem solved!

Wu tang
2010.Nov.19, 11:36 AM
(2010.Nov.19 11:34 AM)HeadBustin Wrote:  just use LBM and dont train your res and all you gotta do is use the best LBM you can. problem solved!
2010.Nov.19, 11:42 AM
(2010.Nov.19 11:36 AM)OnwardTowardTheGlory Wrote:  
(2010.Nov.19 11:34 AM)HeadBustin Wrote:  just use LBM and dont train your res and all you gotta do is use the best LBM you can. problem solved!

lol

Wu tang
2010.Nov.19, 12:19 PM
sheesh...these forums are beyond beat.
2010.Nov.19, 12:36 PM
(2010.Nov.19 12:19 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  sheesh...these forums are beyond beat.

Hi sb
2010.Nov.19, 01:30 PM
hola, h00d. furthur snatched my face wednesday. crazy fingers'd

and speaking of snatch, i wonder cheets is fixing for turkeyday this year.
2010.Nov.19, 01:37 PM
(2010.Nov.19 01:30 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  hola, h00d. furthur snatched my face wednesday. crazy fingers'd

and speaking of snatch, i wonder cheets is fixing for turkeyday this year.

lol, yeah I considered Furthur, but B'more on a weeknight is a bit rough for my old ass.

Here's the recording if you haven't already found it:

http://hotfile.com/dl/83496537/2e968ac/furthur2010-11-17(V0).zip.html
This post was last modified: 2010.Nov.19 02:19 PM by mblume.