Poll: Would you want this new donator house function?
This poll is closed.
Yes, 100 credits for .01 humanity is fair. 10.64% 5 10.64%
Yes, but the cost should be higher. 4.26% 2 4.26%
Yes, but the cost is too much. 12.77% 6 12.77%
No, this function would cause far too large of an imbalance. 72.34% 34 72.34%
Yes because I am in a science career and want more business. 0% 0 0%
Total 47 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll For New Donator House Function
2010.Jul.31, 08:19 PM
RE: Poll For New Donator House Function
(2010.Jul.31 05:39 PM)BrokenGlass Wrote:  What I glean from SB's complaint is the lack of consistancy and subjective manner in which the forums are modded.

I can tell you that there is no SOP that is given to new mods, I was pretty much told to use my best judgement and to follow the lead of established mods. The problem with that method is the lack of objectivity. In reality everyone has different styles....some are conservative and others liberal. I can say I tried to apply the same standard everytime to every post, however the inconsistancies begin when you have folks with different standards modding at the same time.

Having said all that I really believe that Jola, Preach and every other mod who has went before try(ed) their best.......It is at best a thankless job and I am most happy I am no longer doing it..........

yes, wraith. i do agree with what you stated. and i also agree with the fact that some sort of moderation is necessary to keep (make) these forums productive and add ideas/elements that would enhance the game and make things more enjoyable for its players.

that being said, it's a choice to moderate. furthermore, those that moderate also choose how and what to moderate. if it's four letter words that are on the agenda...fine, go through the threads and edit four letter words. if it's posting in the correct section that's deems moderation...fine. but handpick your battles...that is both lazy and stupid. what is it when one of these moderators scrolls down to a thread, does their chop job, then calls it a night without ever taking the time to see what is going on in the rest of the forum? i can only help but perceive it as either really lazy...either that, or they do take the time to see the other threads, don't take similar action on a similar situation and are too dumb to realize the contradiction in their action/non-action. not to mention, it can be quite confusing to the community which seems counterproductive for the role that they are supposed to be filling.

this has all been said before.
2010.Jul.31, 08:43 PM
^^True that^^

It's either an all or nothing proposition.....You can't pick and chose which to mod.......

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe
2010.Aug.02, 09:30 AM
well, zen did teach these glorified hall monitors something...hide when you get called out or don't have an explanation for something.
2010.Aug.02, 04:20 PM
just didn't feel it deserved a post (yes I know me posting now is a "contridiction" to what I said but honestly don't care Cool).

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2010.Aug.02, 04:25 PM
(2010.Jul.31 06:29 AM)Troopermccue Wrote:  mods are human and will make mistakes but modding in an inconsistent manner will only cause bigger issues for you aasholes.

Perhaps I should become a mod. Mod everything remotely off topic or insensitive or inappropriate into pictures of puppies in baskets.
2010.Aug.02, 04:33 PM
"I play al with my 4 sons"...Jesus Christ.

Reaganomics! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2010.Aug.02, 04:38 PM
I like mayo and onion sammiches
2010.Aug.02, 04:40 PM
(2010.Aug.02 04:38 PM)DirkDanja Wrote:  I like mayo and onion sammiches

Take away the onion, the sammiches, and add all over your face, and this would be believable.
2010.Aug.02, 04:48 PM
(2010.Aug.02 04:40 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  

Take away the onion, the sammiches, and add all over your face, and this would be believable.

zing!!!!

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Aug.02, 05:06 PM
(2010.Aug.02 04:40 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  

MAN-aised.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

Thread Closed