Attacking
2006.Jul.24, 06:26 PM
Attacking
Would it be possible to get a warning on how long you are going to hospitalize someone if you choose that option? Today I was trying to do the good gang leader thing, and protect my crew. I attacked a level 3 who was attacking my guys, I was level 4 at the time. I'd beat him down about an hour before and when I did the exp thing, it only put him in the hospital for about 10 minutes, so the second time I decided he needed a better lesson so I did the hospitalize option. The poor guy got tossed in there for 158 minutes while being online. I felt pretty bad so I emailed him an apology. I got an email back from him later saying that it was alright.. I still felt pretty bad though.

I use this game as something to entertain myself here at work while waiting for business calls to come through.. if I got booted off here for three hours, I don't think I'd have been as forgiving about it.

So what i'm asking for is for that page to tell you exactly how long you'd be hospitalizing someone if you were to do it.

Oh, and possibly an option where you could elect to give them like 50% 25% and 10% of that max time.
2006.Jul.24, 08:55 PM

My rule of thumb is

Don't attack someone who is online.
Don't hospitalize someone unless you are trying to send a message.
Always leave them because it garners the most XP.

Of course, all of this is out the window in a gang war and you have to figure out what option is best for your gang at the current time.