Poll: Usually, I carry
Both weapon type at the same time
I carry only one primary weapon
[Show Results]

Melee & Range VS Melee or Range
2010.Apr.06, 06:30 PM
RE: Melee & Range VS Melee or Range
(2010.Apr.06 06:22 PM)JakeBlues Wrote:  
(2010.Apr.03 07:17 AM)snorkelbill Wrote:  I'm sure the lower axes aren't all that great for pvp, since Zen created the "pvp" axe a while ago.

You are wrong.

The lower axes are decent pvp wise, just like every axe. You just got to know when to upgrade weapon while your stats and power lvl evolve.

Axe users used to wait too long, since there were no upgrades after the Ionized for a long time (back just a few years ago)

The ''pvp'' axe was different. The bardiche.

Back in the days, Zen had issued that new announcement that like tons of new weapons were coming out, as ''middle ground" between the low end req old weapons, and the new high req ones. (ex: Ionized VS Ono)

However, no axe were in the lot.

So, me (yes I did) and a few others cried in the forums for a week or so, and then the Bardiche was created, after Behemot (If I'm not mistaken) had suggested that kind of weapon in a thread somewhere.

I always suspected that the Bardiche was made good for PVP while disgustingly bad for hideout hits because one of the followings:

a) to punish our whining
b) cause she wanted to make sure a bunch of axe users would donate to get the Ono
c) cause she tought the axes were well balanced enough and that new thing was never meant to be, therefor made sucky

*the aboves are just theorys*

It is not that good in pvp. Better than the ionized, worst than the Ono. But since pvp is all it does, well that's his nickname.

Here is the thing. Many Axe user admires long blade weapon for it's superity in PvP. Remember, the longblade user gave up the hideout damage for a slightly better PVP weapon than the Axe. Zen made a Bardiche to what some of the Axe user is asking for.

Amend
2010.Apr.06, 06:39 PM
RE: Melee & Range VS Melee or Range
(2010.Apr.06 06:30 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  Here is the thing. Many Axe user admires long blade weapon for it's superity in PvP. Remember, the longblade user gave up the hideout damage for a slightly better PVP weapon than the Axe. Zen made a Bardiche to what some of the Axe user is asking for.

Right. The fact was that every single axe had been good in hideout hits until then. And same for all those after the Bardiche... So the question was and still is, why just this one?

However, while I can't say for the top Blade right now, the Riot Axe does fantastic in pvp.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.