Cyber chop shop
2007.Mar.25, 10:56 PM

interesting addition to the game. Just like upgrading to Vista, I'm gonna wait a while to see what some of you have to say about the upgrades before I dive in.
2007.Mar.25, 10:58 PM

1 question.

Let's say I have level 19 in X stats and I'm at 1980 def points (need 2000 for level 20) and I buy an upgrade in that stats, will I still get my next level at 2000 or will it go up to 2205 or whatever it is for 21?
2007.Mar.25, 11:01 PM

your natural rating is not changed at all, you just have a modifier increasing your stats when it's used in crimes and combat. so if you have 19 acc and 1980 dev points, you wil still have 19 acc and 1980 dev points after the acc upgrade but in battle you will be considered to have a 20 acc, then when you get another 20 dev points you will have 20 acc but will be considered to have a 21 acc for all intents and purposes.
2007.Mar.25, 11:31 PM

^ Matt's right on that regard.

As for the magic number, there really isn't one. Instead of having a flat number added to happiness refreshes, I eliminated it and now use humanity rounded down as a major factor. There is some slight change to happiness refresh rate, and some players will see a couple point difference either up or down.

Hit point refresh has slowed down a little. Again, humanity affects this now instead of a "flat rate" like before.

Please remember, everything listed in the cyberware store can be purchased multiple times, so you can keep taking the same thing over and over again until you can't afford it anymore (cash or humanity-wise). You don't have to pick one and stick with it, nor do you only get to pick one once.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Mar.25, 11:44 PM

So, in theory, if we choose not to go down the path of the cybernetic organism, we could actually see hp and happiness gains above and beyond what we've had in the past?
2007.Mar.25, 11:55 PM

Is there a modifier to the time spent in the hospital when buying an upgrade? Because I just did and it said it would take 400 minutes but found myself to have only 373 minutes to wait until out.
2007.Mar.25, 11:58 PM

I mailed Zen about this earlier, the time listed for hospitalization is a maximum, it can be less.
2007.Mar.26, 12:05 AM

TheGeek Wrote:So, in theory, if we choose not to go down the path of the cybernetic organism, we could actually see hp and happiness gains above and beyond what we've had in the past?

If you don't go down the cyberware path, yes you will see gains above and beyond the past.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Mar.26, 03:23 PM

I like this for a game but its getting a little too similar to some Sci-fi books I read, all the rich people get upgrades while all the poor can't and eventually turn into different species.. kinda like the book Time Machine....which will probably happen here. Maybe we could have a war between the Cyborgs and Human or something? I'll stay pure human just to be a nonconformist! Razz
And mostly becuase I could afford them even if I wanted them..... :cry:

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2007.Mar.26, 03:43 PM

I like that idea. =] There was talk of a "World war" earlier, maybe we can side Human vs Cyborg! hehe.