Hesitation
2006.Jul.22, 01:57 PM
Hesitation
Can the hesitation rule in combat be relaxed a bit?
Due to the .php/IE7 bug discussed in another thread, I sometimes have to hit reload when attacking someone. Once in a while I get a message that says something along the line of, "Due to your hesitation, the defender has gotten away."
I understand the need for the code so combat does stay going forever, but a little relaxion on the timing mmight be needed (unless it is also related to the IE7 bug, which I doubt).
2006.Jul.22, 11:39 PM

Hitting the refresh button during combat doesn't cause the hesitation. It's something else with IE7. My question is how come you have to hit refresh in the first place?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Jul.23, 02:11 AM

Isn't IE7 in beta? I would not trust any beta products. If I were you I would go to mozilla.org and download Firefox. It is a great browser and even if you don't want to give up IE7 for other stuff, Firefox works great on this game. Or at least it has for me.
2006.Jul.23, 06:51 AM

You are right bud, IE7 is beta. I run IE6 and have been good other than the user error on my part when i decided to play around with digital certificates one night and jacked up my security settings, lol. I have been told that Firefox works great here though, only reason i don't run it myself is because I'm down to my work laptop as my wife destroyed my home pc.......Pepsi isn't good for a mother board!
2006.Jul.23, 10:02 AM

What about Diet Pepsi?
2006.Jul.23, 10:08 AM

DOH!! It wasn't on when it happened was it?

I use Firefox 1.5.0.4 under Linux, no problems. I also have Opera 9, again no problems except for an odd CSS issue with table-borders on some pages. I have IE6 running on this as well with a few hacks and with default settings it runs fine.

I don't doubt some pages might not load perfectly under some browsers though. Again, we purchased the code and then rewrote almost the entire thing. Almost being a big word. Some pages might have some things we missed.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin