help me out here
2010.Jan.09, 11:34 AM
RE: help me out here
Not so clear. The wording is very vague. While it is assumed pay is constant and will always be doubled, it could imply that you may be able to earn double the career points, but not actually double that earned.

What I'm saying is, if you're range of cp is 5-10, you may now be able to earn up to 20. Given that the range now has a higher mean, you're more likely to earn more per attempt on a randomly selected number, but it is still possible to earn 5.

I haven't had enough time to even observe this, but few things are "so clear". The fact that we work 7 days a week and get cp on the weekends is good enough for me. Any potential bonuses just add additional enjoyment.
This post was last modified: 2010.Jan.09 11:34 AM by Onward.
2010.Jan.09, 11:44 AM
(2010.Jan.09 10:49 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.09 10:41 AM)SisterLynx Wrote:  Tells me your worth is 0. You actually got a bonus of 1?

jerk :-/

Like your never an annoying. Pfffft! Just one more thing to add to the list of things that need to be fixed.
2010.Jan.09, 12:37 PM
The way that I've always seen it is this: you get a random amount of CP, anywhere between, let's say 0 and 6, including all numbers, not just integers. You add .5 to the number for all hours and round according to normal rules. Then, for overtime and double time, you take that and multiply by 1.5 and 2 respectively. Since you may get less than .25 for the first number, you end up with less than 1.5 points as your final before rounding, and thus it rounds down. This may not be correct, but this is how I've always envisioned it.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jan.09, 12:42 PM
(2010.Jan.09 12:37 PM)Accipender Wrote:  The way that I've always seen it is this: you get a random amount of CP, anywhere between, let's say 0 and 6, including all numbers, not just integers. You add .5 to the number for all hours and round according to normal rules. Then, for overtime and double time, you take that and multiply by 1.5 and 2 respectively. Since you may get less than .25 for the first number, you end up with less than 1.5 points as your final before rounding, and thus it rounds down. This may not be correct, but this is how I've always envisioned it.

Thats kind of what Im getting at also Acc. I sucks to get 1 CP on a weekend, but it happens. Level up a bunch and it will never happen again.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Jan.09, 12:48 PM
(2010.Jan.09 12:42 PM)Brugada Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.09 12:37 PM)Accipender Wrote:  The way that I've always seen it is this: you get a random amount of CP, anywhere between, let's say 0 and 6, including all numbers, not just integers. You add .5 to the number for all hours and round according to normal rules. Then, for overtime and double time, you take that and multiply by 1.5 and 2 respectively. Since you may get less than .25 for the first number, you end up with less than 1.5 points as your final before rounding, and thus it rounds down. This may not be correct, but this is how I've always envisioned it.

Thats kind of what Im getting at also Acc. I sucks to get 1 CP on a weekend, but it happens. Level up a bunch and it will never happen again.

LOL... yeah. You're double time on the weekend will go to 3 while you're at level 7 career.

They CP system is flawed.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2010.Jan.09, 12:49 PM

I'm a number person, so enjoy seeing the math. I wasn't trying to contradict you or anything.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jan.09, 12:51 PM
its not flawed, it all averages out in the end....

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Jan.09, 12:54 PM
(2010.Jan.09 12:49 PM)Accipender Wrote:  

I'm a number person, so enjoy seeing the math. I wasn't trying to contradict you or anything.

No, I know. I was agreeing with you.

I dont think CPs are that flawed as much as we need to get another point or 2 sometimes. Try being a level 9 and getting a 4, that sucks just as much. Level up people, it will pay off.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Jan.09, 01:01 PM
(2010.Jan.09 12:51 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  its not flawed, it all averages out in the end....

I agree with this, and even if it is flawed, it is flawed equally (not to say it shouldn't be fixed, but to say it shouldn't have given anyone a superior advantage).

I think the battle scenarios need fixed before this. Too much variation in damages at my level, and I know they only get worse. Many games operate on a 10-20% max deviation from full power...this one seems considerably more, but that's another issue.

I'd rather see more things that give players the option to take certain paths and where knowledge and luck can give an advantage. These new graduate courses and the skills system seem to be one since players must decide how to allocate their hours to maximize their character.
2010.Jan.09, 01:06 PM
(2010.Jan.09 01:01 PM)OnwardTowardTheGlory Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.09 12:51 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  its not flawed, it all averages out in the end....

I think the battle scenarios need fixed before this. Too much variation in damages at my level, and I know they only get worse. Many games operate on a 10-20% max deviation from full power...this one seems considerably more, but that's another issue.

that makes this game more interesting than others.... those random bite offs and close battles make the game atleast a little bit more interesting....

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.