President of Awakened Lands
2007.Mar.14, 01:45 PM

Why is there a need for a King/Queen/President, isnt this a game about crimes, drugs, murders, etc. So a President could come in and halt the purpose behind the game?

I think there are better thigs to be implemented, like extortion, gang run districts and get 10% of all purchases made in districts. Only 1 gang (gang famiy) could own such a district at a time, and gang wars could be declared not for respect but to take over district. District ownership could be limited to 1 month or so. I think those would be better than a President since they are all puppets anyways
2007.Mar.14, 01:53 PM

really the only reason I like the idea is the thought of assasinating the prez/pm. I'm not keen on someone making laws. It could turn into a lame game of BeerBeerBeer? (the drinking game)

[edit]Masked cursing is still cursing ^^

Druchii
2007.Mar.14, 01:57 PM

the idea doesn't seem like it has much merit, would just be amusing to see how it goes down.
2007.Mar.14, 07:34 PM

i actually think that idea is sick - controlling a district. but the only way for that to even remotely work is to also employ level limits between certain districts - maybe one district could be open to all (downtown?), but other districts can only be like 3-10, 8-24 (unless midlan is reduced in level which would be nice), 22+, 30+

it would make things VERY interesting to have control over a district, but it would be too easily controlled by the level 30 peoples if they had access to every single district or were able to control more than one at a time or were able to take over a district more than once a week, etc.

sounds like a really tight idea, especially if more districts were added. it doesnt seem like districts really do anything except add some more items and housing so i dont think adding some more districts would be too ridiculous .. would it?
2007.Mar.14, 09:26 PM

I think all the executive decisions should remain Zen and Err's to deal with. I don't really like the idea of giving anyone else any power other than stats, level and weapons.
2007.Mar.14, 10:19 PM

a president would only serve as a figure head... -1 imo
2007.Mar.14, 10:50 PM

I really like that gang controlled districts idea! That is a keeper!
2007.Mar.15, 05:44 AM

Ask the Elders what happened last time they tried to control a district! Biggrin

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Mar.15, 05:56 AM

sniper time Smile

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Mar.15, 06:57 AM

For the district control it would be an in game function if Zen and Err could create. There would be a bigger purpose in gang wars for control of the districts, and a time limit and a gang level limit even per district. Gangs could then get a taxation of 10% of all people who travel there and anything that is bought from the stores. More like the real like mob or mafia, I think that would bring some new excitement to the game. Just some thoughts