World Events
2006.Nov.21, 08:32 AM
World Events
Let me start off by saying that this is a great game and that I understand that new content is being added all the time. On that note I have a suggestion for the future that may prove viable. While the focus these days is on development of new content, I was thinking that World events akin to the gang tournament that is slowly becoming a memory of the distant past may be excellent ways to hold the interest of people and to keep them playing. Now that gang tournament was very fun, but expensive for the benevolent people hosting it.

Any such events are bound to be expensive for whoever undertakes to provide the prizes/incentives that attract people who wish to compete. For this reason and at the risk of sounding greedy I suggest that the administration might undertake to host a few of these events, perhaps one every month, with level restrictions and requirements so that prizes could be tailored to specific levels, or perhaps different level categories so that people can compete in a moderatly even field. I also suggest that the competition not always be pure fighting, but also puzzles/riddles to be solved so that the same people don't always get the prizes.

I suggest also that the introduction of a large NPC syndicate (perhaps moving in from some other town, as our new NPC brother did) may be a good way to introduce these world events, as they could host the events "in the hopes of finding likely recruits for the future". This syndicate would also provide the new NPC targets that we are testing out now.

In any case this idea came to mind and it may not be well thought out, but at least it is written now in semi-understandable fashion. Any comments are appriciated and with refinement I think this could add some extra excitment to the world.

Messages In This Thread
World Events - Scipio - 2006.Nov.21 08:32 AM
[] - matt5250 - 2006.Nov.21, 08:55 AM
[] - Rafallol - 2006.Nov.21, 01:51 PM
[] - Eaglefreak - 2006.Nov.21, 02:14 PM
[] - matt5250 - 2006.Nov.21, 03:25 PM
[] - Eaglefreak - 2006.Nov.21, 04:05 PM
[] - matt5250 - 2006.Nov.21, 06:25 PM
[] - ShadowDude - 2006.Nov.21, 10:38 PM
[] - Eaglefreak - 2006.Nov.21, 11:07 PM
[] - ShadowDude - 2006.Nov.22, 01:39 AM