Poll: do AL people really need so much protection?
yes
no
[Show Results]

do you think that AL people really need so much protection?
2009.Jul.27, 08:31 PM
RE: do you think that AL people really need so much protection?
(2009.Jul.27 07:46 PM)zenith Wrote:  I try to avoid hard caps on most actions, instead I favor the "diminishing returns" theory. While work/study "hours" are capped, that's merely because it would feel weird to study a skill 81 hours in a day.

Let's try an example of how it could be an issue...

Player A can only be hospitalized by player B. In the entire game, only 3 or so other players can handle this player as well, and none are friends. Player A is a loner, and has no gang. Player B has a gang of 15 players, all easy prey to player A.

Player A starts being a jerk, and player B hosps him 5 times. Player A immediately stims each time. Player A then keeps player B's gang in the hospital all day, since he has 75 attacks to burn on his nemesis' friends. Cap busted.

As it is now, if you try to hosp someone the opponent gets a boost to defense. You can attempt to hosp as much as you want, but each one gets a bit harder. If that person decides to attack anyone else, their little boost gets weaker until it is gone. If they decide to not attack anyone else, you will eventually not be able to hurt them. If you are MUCH stronger than them, they will be more vulnerable for a longer time.

Does that mean that if I try to hosp a weaker player who usually does 0-500 damage to me in normal fights, he will still do that same damage or so but it will be harder/longer for me to beat him?

i.e. I'll go straight to the point, does that mean that if I try to hosp WilliamR, he will NOT beat the crap out of me in 26 rounds, with 2 crits in the 900 this time?

Messages In This Thread
RE: do you think that AL people really need so much protection? - Thor - 2009.Jul.27 08:31 PM