AwakenedLands Forums
Idea for energy refreshes! - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Game & Forum Assistance (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Game & Forum Suggestions (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Idea for energy refreshes! (/thread-847.html)

Idea for energy refreshes! - thawdgharp - 2007.Sep.29 09:08 AM

As we all know, it costs 2 credits per EP when using an energy refresh. This is why they are seldom used.

A level 20 player with 8 EP isn't going to want to use 84 credits to fill his EP bar. (Unless he's rich and/or crazy)

How about if you could refresh energy in increments of 10?

Sample layout in the donator house:

Energy refresh:

10 EP - 20 credits
20 EP - 40 credits
30 EP - 60 credits
40 EP - 80 credits

and so on.

Would this be a bad idea? If so, explain why (in detail, please).

- thawdgharp - 2007.Sep.29 09:10 AM

or maybe even an option:

(clickable text) Energy refresh: 2 credits per energy point

then when you click on it, a new screen appears:

"How much energy would you like to purchase? _____
(reminder: you will be charged 2 credits per EP!!)"

- Scorpious - 2007.Sep.29 11:07 AM

WOW. A 499er with a good idea. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K Elm. You seem to always have good posts and ideas even though the last one was hijacked.
I think this is a great idea too. Keep them coming. Not just you but everyone. More ideas and suggestions we all make for the game the better it will keep getting. Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

- Thor - 2007.Sep.29 12:00 PM

I don't understand the
Quote:A level 20 player with 8 EP isn't going to want to use 84 credits to fill his EP bar. (Unless he's rich and/or crazy)
part.

It cost 2ep per energy you want to refill, whether you're empty or halfway, you still pay 2 per.

For me, a refill means to refill something to full not to half or 1/4th. Not saying this isn't a good idea but I don't see the point, my opinion.

- Dresicos - 2007.Sep.29 01:39 PM

I agree with Thor.

- Canosoup - 2007.Sep.29 02:31 PM

Its like buying half a tank of gas, if you only need that much.

- Ushanewnewba - 2007.Sep.29 04:05 PM

For some reason I like this.. You know sometimes I don't feel like going full, sometimes I just want enough to make an attack.. i would definitely support this idea, does anyone see any negatives?

- Scorpious - 2007.Sep.29 05:02 PM

I do not see any negatives with it. I actually think it is a good idea to refresh just enough to do what you want. Some people may not want/need the full amount either. Good point there Ush.

- thawdgharp - 2007.Oct.01 07:42 AM

is my idea dead yet?

- Dragon - 2007.Oct.01 02:38 PM

Nope, not yet. I can still hear a heart beat. So, perhaps have an input field where a user can type in the amount of energy point(s) that is desired. Purchasing in small chunks could possibly not be enough or go over a user's maximum energy capacity, thus potentially wasting credit(s), unless a user was only charged for the energy point(s) that were/was gained.