AwakenedLands Forums
My Phone - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Game & Forum Assistance (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Game Assistance (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: My Phone (/thread-8300.html)

Pages: 1 2

My Phone - LikeWhoa - 2009.Aug.04 12:16 PM

i suddenly cant read my mail/msg thro my phone anymore, i click on them and nothing happens. it just highlights the link. everything else seems to work, like gym train, crimes, checking out the logs.

is it my phone?

RE: My Phone - ZeonOne - 2009.Aug.04 12:22 PM

do a cache and memory reset on the browser.

RE: My Phone - LikeWhoa - 2009.Aug.04 12:53 PM

i'll try it out, thanks zeon

RE: My Phone - JohnnyB - 2009.Aug.04 01:58 PM

turn off the bot... that should be enough!

RE: My Phone - snorkelbill - 2009.Aug.04 02:13 PM

Wonder if it could also be jquery (javascript library for doing the select boxes on the mail page). I know I've had to turn off javascript on my cell in order to get decent load speeds on AL pages now.

For some reason my phone doesn't seem to be caching the jquery library so it downloads it every time it hits the page, which is WAAAY slow. I love jquery and everything it can add to the game, I've just had to disable it for now until Google gets off their butts and fixes the Android browser to cache the files right.

Try disabling javascript on your phone's web browser if the previous suggestions didn't help. You don't lose any functionality other than the new stuff just added to the mail page.

RE: My Phone - xSleekx - 2009.Aug.04 06:29 PM

(2009.Aug.04 02:13 PM)snorkelbill Wrote:  Wonder if it could also be jquery (javascript library for doing the select boxes on the mail page). I know I've had to turn off javascript on my cell in order to get decent load speeds on AL pages now.

For some reason my phone doesn't seem to be caching the jquery library so it downloads it every time it hits the page, which is WAAAY slow. I love jquery and everything it can add to the game, I've just had to disable it for now until Google gets off their butts and fixes the Android browser to cache the files right.

Try disabling javascript on your phone's web browser if the previous suggestions didn't help. You don't lose any functionality other than the new stuff just added to the mail page.

I've always wondered how people stumble upon this kind of technical information regarding anything computer related without it being their job. I'm technically inclined but some people just know so much more then me even though they never seem to have opened a book, taken a class or researched any of it. They somehow just know computers i mean wtf.

RE: My Phone - snorkelbill - 2009.Aug.04 06:45 PM

If it makes you feel better, it is part of my job. Though computers do just come to me naturally, I work with jquery from time to time.

When all of a sudden both my wife and I notice drastically longer load times from our phones, I go looking Smile

RE: My Phone - Dingus - 2009.Aug.06 05:24 AM

My gym train button doesn't work on my phone. Everything else does, I have no clue

RE: My Phone - Moriarty - 2009.Aug.06 05:35 AM

(2009.Aug.06 05:24 AM)Dingus Wrote:  My gym train button doesn't work on my phone. Everything else does, I have no clue

exactly same as mine, neither can I attack anyone.

RE: My Phone - Dingus - 2009.Aug.06 07:00 AM

I can attack, do crimes. The Deposit funds button does not work either